1. Framingham, MA
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 19:07
    Got Fritz 12, installed it and activated it. It runs, Fritz talks to me, I can paste a game....

But- when I try to update it tells me I have ver 1 and ver 7 is available- but is totally unable to connect to the server to perform the update (Error 0). Clearly, since I was able to activate, and it can advise me of the latest version, it can get to the i'net from my computer.

Also, cannot save a game, create new database, or do any of the really essential things.

Anyone else have similar prob? Could it be associated with running on a 64-bit system?I could prob install on my old system.....

Contacted Chessbase, but no reply so far. Most annoying!
  2. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 20:15
    Originally posted by rapabst
    Got Fritz 12, installed it and activated it. It runs, Fritz talks to me, I can paste a game....

But- when I try to update it tells me I have ver 1 and ver 7 is available- but is totally unable to connect to the server to perform the update (Error 0). Clearly, since I was able to activate, and it can advise me of the latest version, it can get to the i'net ...[text shortened]... prob install on my old system.....

Contacted Chessbase, but no reply so far. Most annoying!
    I don't have Fritz 12, so I can't help directly. But I don't think it's because of your 64-bit system, since Windows 7 is the preferred OS. Here's a link with the system requirements, along with a number of video tutorials for installing, configuring, etc.

http://www.chessbase.com/shop/product.asp?pid=467&user=%20&coin=

P.S. You'll want to ditch the talking part of Fritz, since that gets old after about, oh, say 5 minutes. 😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree