Fritz 13

Fritz 13 "check it" and the effect on CC?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Up a

gumtree

Moves
15 Oct 11

Originally posted by Paul Leggett
My understanding is that matchup rates only apply to a game for moves not found in the reference database.

If this new "cloud" feature becomes the new reference database (or one of many reference databases), then matchup rates would only apply to moves not already found there.

I'm begging the question on this a bit, but the reality is that if we f ...[text shortened]... d accelerate the amount of elapsed time before we have to address the elephant in the room.
Except that Let's Check extends beyond a database. Although there is a database of games behind it which is useful for openings as is any database, the system is also adding positions outside the openings and then adding computer analysis generated by the users. I found one position that was well into an endgame with at least three sets of analysis done on it so far. Any position analysed to sufficient depth is displayed on screen and if it looks interesting the world and his trusty computer can have a go at extending the analysis. I am still not convinced as to its utility but it certainly looks like a mighty fine elephant trap for the unwary!