05 Apr '06 06:52
    Originally posted by estonian3
    Brilliant
  3. Joined
    27 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 06:56
    Opps I forgot the message?! Lol.

I've had Deep Fritz 8 for a bit now and it's nice. But I can't understand the difficulty level. The range is 1640-2400 (or I can "unleash" it to 3022.

These must be some made up ratings though because at 1640 it plays like a 900. I'm having a hard time figuring out what rating i should play. I'm normally between a 1300-1400 using ICC ratings.

Why is the rating on deep fritz 8 so messed up? I guess its nice to think of yourself as a 1900 level player, but then again, no I don't think so. I rather have the right rating, then the bogus ones on fritz. Whats up with it?
  4. Under Cover
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 07:01
    Originally posted by estonian3
    Opps I forgot the message?! Lol.

I've had Deep Fritz 8 for a bit now and it's nice. But I can't understand the difficulty level. The range is 1640-2400 (or I can "unleash" it to 3022.

These must be some made up ratings though because at 1640 it plays like a 900. I'm having a hard time figuring out what rating i should play. I'm normally betwe ...[text shortened]... nk so. I rather have the right rating, then the bogus ones on fritz. Whats up with it?
    The approximate ratings built into chess programs are notoriously inaccurate. I believe Fritz 8 has a feature that you can turn on which will let the program adjust to your skill level. I'm not sure how to do it, because I have never used that particular feature.
  5. Joined
    21 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 07:23
    I have Fritz 7 -- bought it a few months ago at Target for $9.99. It doesn't come with a manual, and I am having a helluva time figuring out the darn thing. I can play a game against it, but most of the other features are enshrouded in mystery. Does Fritz normally come with a manual? How does one learn how to make use of its various features? Thanks.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 08:032 edits
    Originally posted by basso
    I have Fritz 7 -- bought it a few months ago at Target for $9.99. It doesn't come with a manual, and I am having a helluva time figuring out the darn thing. I can play a game against it, but most of the other features are enshrouded in mystery. Does Fritz normally come with a manual? How does one learn how to make use of its various features? Thanks.
    Yes it normally comes with a manual. You can find help on using Fritz online in various places. A search for "T-notes" chess in google should get you plenty.

EDIT: I'm feeling nice, http://www.chessbaseusa.com/T-NOTES/etn.htm
  7. Joined
    27 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 20:34
    yeah i bought fritz 8 and it didn't come with a manual either. weird? should of it? its actually fritz 8 grandmaster edition.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree