1. Joined
    01 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 16:32
    I have just bought Fritz Chess for the PC but didn't realise it was a DVD game (my DVD drive is broke). Is there anywhere to download it (it is Fritz chess 9) so I can use it? I have the serial number if it isn't disc-specific. I'm not trying to get it free/illegally so ignore this if this is at all possible (I DO NOT want an illegal download/crack).
    Or is it available on PC CD?
  2. Joined
    01 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 16:40
    Originally posted by MilkyJoe
    I have just bought Fritz Chess for the PC but didn't realise it was a DVD game (my DVD drive is broke). Is there anywhere to download it (it is Fritz chess 9) so I can use it? I have the serial number if it isn't disc-specific. I'm not trying to get it free/illegally so ignore this if this is at all possible (I DO NOT want an illegal download/crack).
    I could Google search for an illegal version myelf but don't want to. I want a legal version. Does the Fritz website (if it has one) have a download you can get with a legal serial number for example?
  3. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 17:49
    I would suggest emailing the fritz people with any serial number you do have (or pictures of you holding the box or something for proof.)

We probably aren't allowed to link to illegal versions, but they do exist.
  4. Joined
    01 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 18:01
    Originally posted by doodinthemood
    I would suggest emailing the fritz people with any serial number you do have (or pictures of you holding the box or something for proof.)

That's what I thought. Emailing Fritz people with my serial number... Will that work? I don't want an illegal version, I really did buy it.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 18:27
    That's what I thought. Emailing Fritz people with my serial number... Will that work? I don't want an illegal version, I really did buy it.
    I don't think they would have an online version of fritz 9 available. They will probably remind you the system requirements and suggest you to get a dvd reader.
  6. Joined
    01 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 18:51
    Originally posted by diskamyl
    I don't think they would have an online version of fritz 9 available. They will probably remind you the system requirements and suggest you to get a dvd reader.
    Probably.
  7. Joined
    01 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 23:35
    Originally posted by doodinthemood

Just realised... A picture of me holding the "box or something for proof" (how will they know it's me?). How funny would that be to them? Is it available on CD?
  8. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 00:04
    Picture with a card that has:
    MIlkyJoe
    Date
    Then in the same shot:
    Box
    Receipt

I'd believe it.
  9. Joined
    21 Aug '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 00:37
    ??, For $15-20 would it not be 100x easier just to pick up a new DVD drive than jump through all these hoops? Odds are you're going to need one in the future anyway.

OR, bring your computer to someone you know with a network and use their DVDROM drive to install it across the network.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 09:30
    A DVD drive is essential and you are going to need it more and more. Why not repair it/get a replacement?
  11. Joined
    01 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 10:34
    Originally posted by Jie
    A DVD drive is essential and you are going to need it more and more. Why not repair it/get a replacement?
    I probably will do some time, but not for a while. There's all kinds of software you can download but can't use without paying and/or getting an activation code. Just wondered if there was something like that for Fritz. Does anybody know how big it is? Could I copy it to a memory stick on a friend's computer then use that to install it?
  12. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 10:51
    Buy an external DVD drive

eg I can find

LiteOn DX-20A4PU - Disk drive - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM - 20x/20x/12x - Hi-Speed USB - external for less than £40.00.

Alternatively I can locate internal DVD drives for as little as £10.00.
  13. Joined
    21 Aug '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 14:24
    I probably will do some time, but not for a while. There's all kinds of software you can download but can't use without paying and/or getting an activation code. Just wondered if there was something like that for Fritz. Does anybody know how big it is? Could I copy it to a memory stick on a friend's computer then use that to install it?
    You can try to create an image of the DVD (usually about 4.7GB) from a friend's computer, copy it to a USB, and then run a program like Alcohol 120 to install from a virtual drive. Alcohol 120 offers a 15 day trial I believe.
  14. e4
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 15:25
    It's a sign...

Throw the Fritz DVD in the bin and consider yourself saved.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 15:38
    Greenpawn34, I thought I had seen greenpawn31 in the forums too. Is that your son?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree