1. girls imaginations
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 02:58
    I just got a chess game called fritz and would some experienced chess players tell me how to access everything? It says it has training functions, but after trying to access them with no prevail ive given up.
    People tell me its a good engine but i cant access the learning stuff, the guy always resigns 20 moves into the game regardlesss of the positions, it says it has a 320000 game database, but i dont know how to see them. i can only open them up, itll show me the first move and thats it. I dont want no technical stuff talking about how the game works, i only wanna know how to get it to work so help plz
    -trallphaz
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 03:08
    Originally posted by trallphaz
    I just got a chess game called fritz and would some experienced chess players tell me how to access everything? It says it has training functions, but after trying to access them with no prevail ive given up.
    People tell me its a good engine but i cant access the learning stuff, the guy always resigns 20 moves into the game regardlesss of the positions, i ...[text shortened]... alking about how the game works, i only wanna know how to get it to work so help plz
    -trallphaz
    😞
  3. Earth Prime
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 03:39
    fritz resigns if you survive 20 moves against it? lol

What about reading the instruction manual?
  4. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 04:00
    Can you click on any help files from on top? That'll give you the main functions.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 06:09
    There's several players who could've helped you out.....unfortunately they've been given the heave-ho.
  6. girls imaginations
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 00:14
    Originally posted by Coconut
    fritz resigns if you survive 20 moves against it? lol

What about reading the instruction manual?
    there isnt one that came with the game. i bought it new though, but it didnt come with one
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 00:19
    there isnt one that came with the game. i bought it new though, but it didnt come with one
    Liar.
  8. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 00:45
    Ya, um... the instruction manual. HAHA you can always e-mail them with your code and they will quickly send you an instruction manual. Anyways, thats probably not your case but i'm still going to help you.

Just mess around with the windows and you will figure it out. This site also has some info and topics about fritz and chessbase now and then.

http://www.chessbase.com/support/index.asp

chessbase and fritz have similar functions but chessbase has more so they might not work on fritz. Click on T-Notes____ for articles and stuff.
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 03:291 edit
    The help files have everything you'll find in the instruction manual, which is written in something like 5-point type.

Fritz is powerful software, not just a strong engine. It takes time and some effort to become a skilled user.

The barrage of questions you've thrown up suggests you might benefit from looking at the icons across the top. If you hover on one, it will tell you what it does. Then try clicking on one and see what it does. Trial and error is better than most manuals, anyway.

Do read Steve Lopez's T-notes. The man knows Fritz, and he understands the English language, too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree