1. A galaxy far away
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 21:51
    Recently bought a laptop with windows vista, and am having problems installing fritz 9. Something about "known compatibility issues"?

Any suggestions about fixing such issues? Bearing in mind I have only a rudimentary understanding of computers.
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 22:16
    Originally posted by darkbishop28
    Recently bought a laptop with windows vista, and am having problems installing fritz 9. Something about "known compatibility issues"?

Any suggestions about fixing such issues? Bearing in mind I have only a rudimentary understanding of computers.
    Well, I can't help you there, but I know your first mistake...
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 23:05
    ...well for learning purposes....i'd say fritz was a bad choice...i like that new chessmaster....but anyway...

the problem is vista... the 2nd problem may be your missing an update from microsoft, try getting all available updates for vista, i remember them updating some runtime emulators for win32 app's and XP compatibility.
  4. Joined
    17 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 23:17
    Try Fritz on windows XP. It works OK for me. I tried Fritz 10 on Windows XP. It did not work until I downloaded from microsoft updates. When you go to microsoft updates, it will automatically check what you ar missing in the computer. The other alternatives is go to chessbase.com and check any updates there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree