1. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 15:46
    A masterpiece of creative attacking chess. Absolutely brilliant.
  2. Maryland, US
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 17:14
    I know it's only the fourth game but I think this is my favorite so far as well. I just hope Anand can hold on to or even strengthen his lead.
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 17:20
    Originally posted by JDChess
    I know it's only the fourth game but I think this is my favorite so far as well. I just hope Anand can hold on to or even strengthen his lead.
    I think Topalov is starting to realise that Anand is a lot more versatile than perhaps he gave him credit for. Personally i think Anand has got Topalov worked out, Topa's going to have to find some resources from somewhere petty quick!
  4. Joined
    09 Aug '01
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 17:28
    still too early in the match.
    i'm sure both players have a "plan b" in stock.
  5. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 19:56
    Originally posted by Gatusso
    I am really hoping for dxc6, saccing his knight for great positional compensation!
    I hope that neither of the contestants log on here at RHP, read some of these comments and apply them, then someone here gets banned for helping a game-in-progress! 😛
  6. São Paulo, Brazil
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 20:04
    23. Nxh6 and 25. e5 sound like something Kasparov would play. What an attack - and what a game.
  7. e4
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 20:07
    Wonderful refreshing game in a WC match.

The Knight sac does suggest itself but take nothing away from Anand
    He slipped in a couple a cracking pressure moves in that one.

Hope Topo can can comeback with a cracker with White and keep the match alive.
    Anand is brilliant but can kill games stone dead without breaking sweat
    and if he slips into that mode v a demoralised Topolov to see out the
    remaining games then we may have seen the last of the fireworks.
    Hope not.
  8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 20:18
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Wonderful refreshing game in a WC match.

The Knight sac does suggest itself but take nothing away from Anand
    He slipped in a couple a cracking pressure moves in that one.

Hope Topo can can comeback with a cracker with White and keep the match alive.
    Anand is brilliant but can kill games stone dead without breaking sweat
    and if he slips into that ...[text shortened]... lov to see out the
    remaining games then we may have seen the last of the fireworks.
    Hope not.
    Personally i think Topalov is quite possible the worst person in the top 20 to become WC, it would be terrible for chess. I think Anand is not only a stronger player, but is a genuine gentleman and an excellent representative of Chess to the World. Vishy Vishy Vishy!!! 😀😀
  9. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 20:47
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Personally i think Topalov is quite possible the worst person in the top 20 to become WC, it would be terrible for chess. I think Anand is not only a stronger player, but is a genuine gentleman and an excellent representative of Chess to the World. Vishy Vishy Vishy!!! 😀😀
    I still can't understand how people dislike topalov just because kramnik messed with his head successfully. chess wise topalov & magnus are the only top level GMs playing exciting chess. how can you prefer draw-seeking dullards to that? regardless of how solid their dull chess might be.

that said, anand's been great so far. why can't he play like this always??
  10. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 21:10

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 21:12

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Rural Ontario
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 21:12
    I simply can't understand why Topalov is playing the QGD as black. Why not a king's indian? Grunfeld? Benoni? Hell even the Dutch!
  13. Joined
    21 Sep '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 22:20
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I still can't understand how people dislike topalov
    Yes, his games are interesting but the point is people disliking Topalov as a person and not his games.

For example, his decision to now make draw offers via the arbiter. Is that really good for chess? Why didn't he just ask Anand directly? It's behaviour like that which is annoying, not the moves he makes on the board.
  14. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 23:35
    The catalan is just SO good! maybe the best opening in the world!
  15. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    29 Apr '10 00:38
    Originally posted by Varenka
    Yes, his games are interesting but the point is people disliking Topalov as a person and not his games.

For example, his decision to now make draw offers via the arbiter. Is that really good for chess? Why didn't he just ask Anand directly? It's behaviour like that which is annoying, not the moves he makes on the board.
    I think they asked for sofia rules, but anand's corner refused. so they did it this way. I can't see how fighting against wimpy draws can possibly be anything but GREAT for chess. it brings out more exciting games, which we've seen already in these 4 games (have 3/4 WC games ever been decisive before?). and even when the game really is drawn, we mere mortals get to see it played far enough for even us to understand why it's drawn. which is also simply great for the audience. topalov should get a MEDAL for the idea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree