1. SubscriberMutt n Stu
    K.I.N.G.
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 13:43
    Hi

Is there somewhere within Chessmaster 10 that you can get the PC to analyse a game you have played, say, on RHP. I was looking for a human vs human option in the games (so that I could feed in my moves) but could not find it.

I'm hoping I just missed this somewhere.

Thanks
    Stu
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 13:57
    Originally posted by Mutt n Stu
    Hi

Is there somewhere within Chessmaster 10 that you can get the PC to analyse a game you have played, say, on RHP. I was looking for a human vs human option in the games (so that I could feed in my moves) but could not find it.

Thanks
    Stu
    Lotsa players here can tell you how to do that, I bet.

"Wink wink, nod nod, say no more, say no more"
  3. SubscriberMutt n Stu
    K.I.N.G.
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 14:01
    But you're not one.
  4. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 14:19
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    Lotsa players here can tell you how to do that, I bet.

"Wink wink, nod nod, say no more, say no more"
    Certainly you're not implying that just because someone knows how to analyze a game with an engine, that they've also cheated at chess? Naw, that can't be the case.

Mutt, I don't have CM (due to my OS not being supported), but I do know how to analyze a game with typical chess engines. (And, no, Sam, I've never cheated at chess.) Normally all you have to do is import (or paste) either the FEN position (if you only want to analyse a single position) or the PGN file (if you want to analyze all of the moves) into the chess engine. You can copy the FEN or PGN from the RHP page into your Windows clipboard, then paste it into your chess engine.

I don't know if CM offers this option, but in your CM menus, look for some selection for importing or pasting FENs or PGN files.
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 21:29
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Certainly you're not implying that just because someone knows how to analyze a game with an engine, that they've also cheated at chess? Naw, that can't be the case.

Mutt, I don't have CM (due to my OS not being supported), but I do know how to analyze a game with typical chess engines. (And, no, Sam, I've never cheated at chess.) Normally all you have to ...[text shortened]... but in your CM menus, look for some selection for importing or pasting FENs or PGN files.
    I think there should be a position editor. If there is you just copy the pgn or fen like MadRook said and just press Ctrl-V in when in position editor mode.
  6. Joined
    01 Sep '07
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 22:01
    Hey there...
    I use Chessmaster 10 too; It took me a bit to figure out (it's nowhere in the instructions from what I can tell), but it's easy.
    Go to "info" on your RHP game, get the PGN of the game, and Copy it.
    On Chessmaster go to Training Mode, go to Edit, and simply click Paste: your RHP game will come up, player names, result, and all.
    Cheers.
  7. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Nov '07 00:041 edit
    Originally posted by Mutt n Stu
    Hi

Thanks
    Stu
    It's actually very easy.
    1. Open CM 10 or XI in training mode.
    2. In RHP click on My Games
    3. To the right of the finished game you want to analyze you will see the word info in blue. Click on that to bring up the game summary.
    4. Click on Get PGN/FEN
    5. Use your mouse to highlight the entire text.
    6. go into CM 10 and on the top menu click on EDIT then PASTE then PGN. You will now see your game moves in the game status window on the top right.
    7. To analyze the game click on Mentor, then Game Analysis. The default 10 seconds per move is usually sufficient.
    8. If you want to hear the analysis over the speakers when done. Click on PREFERENCES, then SOUND, and then the Voice tab. Click the "Automatically Play Auto-Annotation" box.

Good Luck

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree