1. Joined
    26 Jan '10
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 02:13
    Im sorry, I dont know how to do links

http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/boardhistory.php?gameid=7125327

A person from the gamerhub forums recommended RHP

I did a partial analysis here: http://forums.gamerhub.co.nz/showpost.php?p=1059859&postcount=37 (posted below)

I usually dont to incomplete game analysis, but Im really being pressured here and am rapidly running out of ideas

1. Nf3 e6

Nf3 is a unusual but good and flexible 'wait and see' opening. It stops blacks e5. I went with e6 because, like Nf3, it is a 'wait and see' type of opening. It opens up the diagnals for the Queen and Bishop and doesnt commit the e pawn to any form of attack or defence

I was expecting a d4 Queens Pawn Opening where I could transpose into the Nimzo-indian, (Nf3, e6, Bb4, BxN). However BigBoss played:

2. e3 c5

Righty. Im going to force him into a Sicilian style opening, which is bad for me because Im not very good with it. The Sicilian Opening is characterised by 1. e4 c5.

I dont know why it is called that, but I always think of it being like a knife stabbing sideways from the Queenside to the Kingside. Maybe Sicilians like to stab people. I'll ask the Cosa Nostra if I see them

3. b3 Nb8c6

BigBoss wants to develop his bishop and I want to develop my knight

4. d4 a6

I dont know why, but I feel that d4 is abit early. I dont want to take that pawn plus if he takes my pawn then I get to develop my bishop for free. Im going to take away the option of playing Bb5 (which attacks my Knight) by playing my a pawn up

5. Ba3 Qa5+

Im not sure if Ba3 deserves a ? (which denotes a bad move). Its a very interesting move which attacks my c pawn again, but I thought his idea was to play Bb2 to develop. I throw out a check because it protects my c pawn

Im praying that he doesnt block with is Queen because Im sure Im forced to exchange. I dont do very well with my Queen (peyow peyow!)

6. c3 b5

Thank goodness he didnt block with his Queen. Now Im going to pawn storm the queenside

7. b4 cxb4

Im not sure if b4 deserves a ?. It seems....very weird since I gain a pawn out of it, unless Im missing something. Oh well. OM NOM NOM

This game ended with a blunder by KratosNZ on move 16. However I feel that

10. ... d6 was a mistake and instead of 14. Nb4, 14. e5 would have been better

Could someone do a better analysis that I? Im not very good at chess
  2. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 02:20
    http://chess.emrald.net
  3. Joined
    10 Oct '09
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 12:381 edit
    1. Ng1f3 e6 2. e3 c5 3. b3 Nb8c6 4. d4 a6 5. Bc1a3 Qd8a5

6. c3 b5 7. b4?

(7.dxc5 b4 8.Bb2 bxc3 9.Nxc3 Bxc5 and white is ok)

7.... cxb4 8. cxb4 Bf8xb4 9. Ba3xb4 Nc6xb4 10. Nf3e5?

(white needed to shield his king from the threat of double check; 10.Nbd2)

10.... d6 11. a3 Nb4c2 12. Ke1e2 Nc2xa1 13. Ne5c6 Qa5c7 14. Nc6b4 Bc8b7 15. Nb1d2 Qc7c3 16. Nd2e4? (throws away another piece but the game was already lost anyway) Bb7xe4 0-1

Not much to say.An irregular opening,your opponent threw his pieces at you and you caught them.
    Well played.

10.... d6 You could've gone Nc2+ right away but if he prevents that by,say,11.Nd2 you still pick up the knight on e5.so it wasn't the best move but still good enough.
    14.Nb4 I don't see anything wrong with that.Except that I would've resigned already 😉

Some of your comments puzzle me

"Righty. Im going to force him into a Sicilian style opening, which is bad for me because Im not very good with it. The Sicilian Opening is characterised by 1. e4 c5"
    If you think this is bad for you then why do you play it?Btw,it has nothing to do with the sicilian.Playing c5 doesn't automatically make it a sicilian type game.

"I dont know why, but I feel that d4 is abit early"
    You expected d4 on the very first move yet you think it's too early for d4 on the 4th move?

"Im praying that he doesnt block with is Queen because Im sure Im forced to exchange. I dont do very well with my Queen"
    If you don't do well with your queen you should welcome a queentrade.I'm guessing this was a typo.
  4. Joined
    26 Jan '10
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 23:10
    Originally posted by AjuinSome of your comments puzzle me

"Righty. Im going to force him into a Sicilian style opening, which is bad for me because Im not very good with it. The Sicilian Opening is characterised by 1. e4 c5"

If you think this is bad for you then why do you play it?Btw,it has nothing to do with the sicilian.Playing c5 doesn't automatically make it a sicilian type game. ...[text shortened]... do well with your queen you should welcome a queentrade.I'm guessing this was a typo.[/b]
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    http://chess.emrald.net
    Thank you so much for that link heinzkat! That is so incredibly useful

Thank you very much to Ajuin for your analysis too, especially about the Sicilian. I played c5 to do something different, learning is all about doing different things. That whole game had me stumped most of the time

Im not sure what I was thinking about the d4 too early comment. I think it had something to do with a c3, d4 idea

And yes, it was a typo 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree