Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 23 Jul '08 22:55
    In a recent blitz game, I was playing the Smith-Morra gambit. After my opponent insulted be by saying that a free pawn was a stupid move, I proceeded to crush him as follows. 1.e4 c5 2.d4 cxd4 3.c3 dxc3 4.Nxc3 Nc6 5.Bc4 Nf6 6.Nf3 d6 7.e5 Nxe5? 8.Nxe5 dxe5?? 9.Bxf7+ Kxf7(forced) 10.Qxd8 1-0

    Of course this trap rarely works against better players, but I had a suspicion that he was a newbie. After I played him, I found out his rating was ~800 >_<

    So does anyone else have accounts of how they owned players audacious enough to insult their chess?
  2. 23 Jul '08 23:42
    There used to be a guy I would frequently beat on uchess who would tell me about what a bad player I was for playing in a boring style - I think he expected me to be demolishing him with incredible tactics in every game, but actually I tended just to take all the material he would blunder and win that way.
  3. 23 Jul '08 23:46
    There's a guy on FICS who plays the blackmar-diemer gambit all the time. I beat him a couple of times, he then proceeded to say how bad a player and lucky I was, and he was so much better he would beat me anytime, etc.

    Too bad for him I got his rating points.
  4. 24 Jul '08 00:08
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    There's a guy on FICS who plays the blackmar-diemer gambit all the time. I beat him a couple of times, he then proceeded to say how bad a player and lucky I was, and he was so much better he would beat me anytime, etc.

    Too bad for him I got his rating points.
    What time control does he play? I have got to know quite a few of the 3/0 players now.
  5. 24 Jul '08 00:10
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    What time control does he play? I have got to know quite a few of the 3/0 players now.
    5 0 I think.

    It was a while ago though, haven't seen him for some time.
  6. 24 Jul '08 00:14
    do you use the same name there? I am still TyrannosaurusCHEX
  7. 24 Jul '08 00:21
    no, I go by the nickname 'Alphastar' there.
  8. 24 Jul '08 00:24
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    no, I go by the nickname 'Alphastar' there.
    do you want a game if we are online at the same time?
  9. 24 Jul '08 00:26
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    do you want a game if we are online at the same time?
    maybe sometime, not now though, way past bedtime for me