1. Joined
    11 Jan '09
    Moves
    19 Jul '10 02:211 edit
    Chess is as exciting as Soccer, c'mon a 90 min. nil-nil tie, I am hardly on the edge of my seat. Ok pause the ad and review the game, GP, anyone?

YouTube&feature=related
  2. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    19 Jul '10 02:26
    Apparently, white has done some serious underpromoting early on, because the diagram shows two white light squared bishops on f1 and e2.๐Ÿ™„
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    19 Jul '10 04:56
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    Apparently, white has done some serious underpromoting early on, because the diagram shows two white light squared bishops on f1 and e2.๐Ÿ™„
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    19 Jul '10 05:432 edits
    I think
    "ZUGZWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!"
    would have been more appropriate.
  5. Joined
    31 May '10
    Moves
    28 Jul '10 18:28
    This has become my favorite Geico ad!! I laugh my a** off everytime I see it. I love the look on the players faces.

My second favortie, just for the record, is "Is Ed "Too Tall" Jones too tall?"
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '10 19:16
    I was curious as to what Cantor was saying. I found the following transcription/translation from a YouTube poster. Can anyone speak to its accuracy?

Ha sido una partida intensa hoy!(It’s been an intense match today!)
    Ya veremos qué está pensando! (Now we’ll see what he’s thinking!)
    Está pensando! (He’s thinking!)
    Veamos qué va a hacer! (Let’s see what he’s going to do!)
    Moverá a la reina o moverá al caballo? (Will he move the queen or the knight?)
    Qué tensión! (What stress!)
    Viene! (Here he comes!)
    Viene! Viene! Viene! (Here he comes! Here he comes! Here he comes!)
    GOL! (Goal!)
  7. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    28 Jul '10 23:07
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I was curious as to what Cantor was saying. I found the following transcription/translation from a YouTube poster. Can anyone speak to its accuracy?

Veamos qué va a hacer! (Let’s see wh ...[text shortened]... re he comes!)
    GOL! (Goal!)
    I felt the sudden urge to light up a cigarette after reading this, and I don't even smoke.
  8. Joined
    20 Jul '10
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 02:52
    Funny yes, but once again some over paid idiot, can't even look up a legitimate chess position. Is it that hard?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 03:37
    Originally posted by gorookyourself
    Funny yes, but once again some over paid idiot, can't even look up a legitimate chess position. Is it that hard?
    What? Legitimate? Hey, it could happen๐Ÿ™‚

BTW, on the last frame to the right of the 'announcer', next to a green plant, there is a possible chessy kind of symbol. Can anyone make it out?

At least it looked like the piece he picked up, a knight, was the one actually shown taking the pawn. Of course the board is not all there, the top row is missing so we can't see if the knight is protected after taking the pawn. But he is right, there are two same color bishops. The funny part is all the trouble taken to make a projection image of the game like in real life and not actually making a real position! The projection image actually shows a pawn being taken by the knight.
  10. USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 04:10
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

Veamos qué va a hacer! (Let’s see wh ...[text shortened]... re he comes!)
    GOL! (Goal!)
    That is an accurate translation

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree