1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 May '13 12:52
    Apropos Cao-Kann Advance Variation, I have run into that myself here at RHP playing the black pieces.

There was a treatise published on the CK by Karpov & Beliavski, ISBN-10: 1883358167, ISBN-13: 978-1883358167, looked at from White & Black perspectives. Good reading.
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '13
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 17:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You are most welcome, i have just started to adopt the CK. Against the advance variation I think that posting the bishop to f5 is asking for it, black must go through all sorts of contortions and his pieces end up on unnatural squares, i much prefer the simple 3...c5, instead of 3...Nf5, if we are prepared to give up a pawn we get all sorts of compensation and easy play on the queen side
    I prefer getting the bishop out of from behind the pawn chain. And, if there's an exchange to come out of it as in the game above, so much the better...
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 18:51
    Originally posted by imbalances
    I prefer getting the bishop out of from behind the pawn chain. And, if there's an exchange to come out of it as in the game above, so much the better...
    i suspect its a matter of personal taste, I have played many blitz games in both version but in the ...c5 version and i have noticed that my opponents dont really know what to do, not at my measly level anyway. Blacks idea to give up a pawn is cunning, for white its almost impossible to find all the right moves because some are so impractical looking.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree