1. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 02:45
    Can you say "HOT SPOT"

Edmonton International

The current field is as follows:

1. GM Aveskulov, Valery (2539, Ukraine)
    2. IM (GM Elect) Kraai, Jesse (2477, USA)
    3. GM Khachiyan, Melikset (2475, USA)
    4. IM Bachmann, Axel (2470, Paraguay)
    5. IM Donaldson, John (2413, USA)
    6. FM Huber, Greg (2336 CFC, 2211 FIDE)
    7. Reeve, Jeff (2310 CFC, 2205 FIDE)

GM Yermo. was right -> We got one of the best clubs ever!

And it's in Canada 🙂 I mean Canada!

Canada =! Chess
  2. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 02:462 edits
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    I'm surprised you didn't say, "You touched it!" 😕
    He didn't let his hand go.

Beside it was a Simul. I couldn't care less.

Just for fun.
  3. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 02:54
    Originally posted by RahimK
    I could care less.
    I couldn't care less.

Do you have the pgn? Did anyone score a win or a draw? How many did he play?
  4. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '07 16:09
    Originally posted by AlphaAlekhine
    Speaking of the Russian training method, have any of you used Lev Alburt's Comprehensive Chess Course? I am thinking about buying it.
    I don’t study any more, just play. However, I have looked at the books and I can see where they might be quite beneficial. I downloaded a bunch of free books (like Curacao 1962 & some game collections) off the internet. I also downloaded one or two of Alburt’s books, but one was over 300 pages and I didn’t print it; it might be cheaper just to buy them. I printed off Curacao, Great Chess Upsets, Smyslov’s Best, Korchnoi’s Best. I had to buy a new printer cartridge and it took several evenings and a ton of paper but was still cheaper than buying the 4 books. I don’t remember where I downloaded them from and can’t tell you right now because I’m at work but can let you know if interested…or maybe somebody already knows. You can’t download the pdf files direct but first have to download a torrent program then go to the site and download the torrent file which in turn downloads the pdf file.
  5. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 00:191 edit
    Originally posted by AlphaAlekhine
    Speaking of the Russian training method, have any of you used Lev Alburt's Comprehensive Chess Course? I am thinking about buying it.
    I've read one of the Lev Alburt books, I think the Tactics one?

Let me check...

Chess Strategy for the Tournament Player by Lev Alburt Feb 7,2006 - Mar 31, 2006

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-_t4_0pEyab7Fo8_u73e2?inv=vJ0V5D9i&l=36&u=37&mx=37&lmt=5

All the books and DVD's /Movies I've read and seen.
  6. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 07:51
    I am right now reading his Poket Training book...it is only about tactics, only problems, and it is nice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree