1. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 18:44
    Originally posted by Daphnes
    I was looking for instructions along the lines of move pawn from this space to this space, and so forth. Nevermind, it's just too complex. I'll try to find my own thing. Thanks anyway.
    move kings pawn 2 spaces, move kings knight out infront of the kings bishop, these are standard moves. Usually black does something similar. Read some books/tutorials
  2. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 21:32
    Does anyone know of good openings where knights and pawns can do major damage in the beginning of the game? I'd like to have a strategy where I use my close ranged pieces (pawns and knights) to soften up the enemy lines while allowing my long ranged pieces (bishops, queen, and rooks) to hang back and use then in the middle to end game where I can better utilize their long ranged attacks.
    Alehkine as black-it involves his pawns and your knight...great fun.
  3. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 19:23
    I think this game in progress is exactly what you are looking for. Game 3717790 my knights are attacking, supported by pawns and the bishops are hanging back ready for some long-distance attacks.

I played 1.c4 but often black replies with 1...e5 which brings a very different game as you cannot build-up such a strong pawn center.

Key points here - put pawns safely in the center of the board and develop your knights quickly.
  4. washington
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 19:57
    three knights opening, four knights opening, and knights aren't the only piece on the board!!!!!!!
  5. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 00:372 edits
    Originally posted by kmac27
    three knights opening, four knights opening, and knights aren't the only piece on the board!!!!!!!
    what about the AWSOME five knights defence?πŸ™πŸ˜ 
  6. washington
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 00:41
    have you been drinking?
  7. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 00:44
    Does anyone know of good openings where knights and pawns can do major damage in the beginning of the game? I'd like to have a strategy where I use my close ranged pieces (pawns and knights) to soften up the enemy lines while allowing my long ranged pieces (bishops, queen, and rooks) to hang back and use then in the middle to end game where I can better utilize their long ranged attacks.
    Alekhine Defense
  8. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 01:181 edit
    Originally posted by kmac27
    have you been drinking?
    I'm not allowed. I'm 12

Edit: Actually, sometimes I'm allowed to have a sip of non-aloholic beerπŸ˜‰
  9. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 02:52
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    what about the AWSOME five knights defence?πŸ™πŸ˜ 
    That usually comes toward the end of a hilarious and frustrating game.....and, uh....usually it's one side with all five knights.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree