1. washington
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 18:15
    I want to find a good travel chess set in which I can look at when I am bored at school and possibly at work, but want to keep it concealed. It would help if someone who owned one could tell me if it is worth it or not. I just want to take the games that I really need time to think on and look at it when I have time.

I'm thinking of this one

http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=CAJUNCHESS&product_name=Checkbook+Magnetic+Travel+Chess+Set&cart_id=6883974.70267&return_page=&user-id=&password=&exchange=&exact_match=exact
  2. Joined
    01 Mar '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 18:32
    That is pretty much what you want. I have one that has a "hard" case wth the flat circular pieces. It came with my "Saphire" chess computer I bought some years ago. You may want to get a ziplock bag the appropriate size to hold it just in case you drop it. The pieces will hold onto the board, but might not when the set is jolted.
  3. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 18:46
    I have this one and love it...have had it for about 12 years

http://www.chessmate.com/chessmate1.html

The first one is mine...the original...they have nicer ones though.

Dave
  4. washington
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 19:33
    I could care less about the expensive ones, I just want one where I can see it good enough to play at a high level, while keeping it hidden quickly when needed.
  5. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 19:43
    Originally posted by kmac27
    I could care less about the expensive ones, I just want one where I can see it good enough to play at a high level, while keeping it hidden quickly when needed.
    Well those are really good...and they are doing it alot better now with extra pieces then when I got mine all those years ago.

You lose one ya had to buy the whole set!

Dave
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 21:55
    Originally posted by kmac27
    hm...where would you be that you would want a chess set with oyu....but want to hide it?

is there like a chess haters union somewhere i don't know about? are we being oppressed and i don't know about it?
  7. Joined
    09 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 22:01
    School and work, of course (like he said). You know, you are supposed to study and work there.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 22:10
    Originally posted by Ikuturso
    School and work, of course (like he said). You know, you are supposed to study and work there.
    so instead... u look at a chess board...try to work a variation...then focus back into school and barely remember what it was?....

i don't get it. it must be over my head...seems like a useless product... but its cool that its small 🙂
  9. Joined
    09 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 22:55
    What do you mean, "focus back into school"? You just quickly hide the board and PRETEND!
  10. Hull, UK
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 22:581 edit
    I think what Adorea is trying to say is that if you try and do both you'll end up doing neither particularly well. Personally I have a chess board right next to where I'm doing my Uni work. Procrastination is my middle name lol
  11. washington
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 23:46
    I work a desk job where I basically greet people and make sure the rules are followed. Doesn't sound like I do a whole lot.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree