Grrr!

Standard memberdeeploser
Only Chess 23 Nov '07 16:49
  1. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    23 Nov '07 16:49
    Just when I think I'm improving I start losing. Not in just one of my games but almost all of them I feel like I'm making the wrong moves.

Do any of you higher rated players feel the same on occasion?
  2. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    23 Nov '07 16:52
    Definately for me. Although I have been at a fairly consistant 2000 rating on here for a few months now, my over the board game has deteriorated badly because of the reckless way I try and play.
  3. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    23 Nov '07 17:03
    Well im only a 1350 ish player but yes I am hemmoraging losses at the moment and just playing rather badly in general, I think everyone hits a stage now and then when they seem to not be able to play as well as normal, for me it would probably be because I am playing too quickly and not studying a game much before I make my move.

I usually take a break for a couple of days when it happens to me and then come back a little refreshed, I think its possible to over do it and play too much, this ends up burning you out a little and you lose concentration focus and sometimes just simply the desire to play your best.

I reckon I could potentially be a 1500 player if I actually worked and studied openings rather than the casual way I play but it boils down to how keen/lazy a person is, in my case I am quite lazy and daunted by studying openings which I know is the next step for me to get a little better.
  4. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '07 17:19
    I win and win and win. My rating goes to 1450+

Then....I lose and lose and lose...

i'm at 1350 now and i am back on a winning streak.

it's Chess.
  5. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    23 Nov '07 17:23
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    Definately for me. Although I have been at a fairly consistant 2000 rating on here for a few months now, my over the board game has deteriorated badly because of the reckless way I try and play.
    Just to get clarification: do you mean that your OTB style is reckless, or both OTB and your cc games here?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree