1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 23:13
    Originally posted by kmac27
    in your opinion what is the hardest chess piece to master? i say it is the pawn.
    no, not the pawn...
    the pawnS!
    together, the pawns can winna game of chess as much as another piece...
    for example:

would you rather have all 8 pawns and no queen?
    or keep the queen with no pawns?
    personally, i see the queen as one piece, true, a powerful piece, but just one...

anyway, since ive said it...
    what is the general opinion on that opinion
    if a board were set up like usual, one side gave up its queen, and the other gave up all pawns... which side would you rather play as?
  2. Earth
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 14:15
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    no, not the pawn...
    the pawnS!
    together, the pawns can winna game of chess as much as another piece...
    for example:

would you rather have all 8 pawns and no queen?
    or keep the queen with no pawns?
    personally, i see the queen as one piece, true, a powerful piece, but just one...

anyway, since ive said it...
    what is the general opinion on that ...[text shortened]... side gave up its queen, and the other gave up all pawns... which side would you rather play as?
    Not really a good example of your point. If you gave up your queen, and I gave up my pawns, I would destroy you due to the fact all my pieces were in play instantaneouly and yours were stuck behind your pawns. And I would have a queen!!!!!!!!!!

If you ONLY had 8 pawns, and I ONLY had a queen, I would also destroy you. It would take you 8 moves to get one pawn to queening, but to get one there protected would take many moves more. All the time I would be chomping on your backward pawns. Oh joy. Infact I bet you couldnt get one as far as the 6th rank?

Don't underestimate your queen. She is valued as she is for a reason 🙂
  3. Joined
    17 Dec '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 21:17
    I also think the pawns are the hardest to master because, they can be more effective than most people realize. People often underestimate the pawns. Even just one pawn can change the outlook of a game.
  4. Joined
    17 Dec '06
    Moves
    I also think the pawns are the hardest to master because, they can be more effective than most people realize. People often underestimate the pawns. Even just one pawn can change the outlook of a game.
  5. Joined
    17 Dec '06
    Moves
  6. Joined
    17 Dec '06
    Moves
  7. Joined
    17 Dec '06
    Moves
  8. Earth
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 10:14
    Originally posted by crabb90
    Wow you really feel that passionately don't you!!
  9. Standard memberonyx2006
    onyx2007
    watching you...
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 10:15
    I find my opponent's pieces the hardest to master 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree