1. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 03:45
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    hes done it before why do it again? when he left people wanted to know if he was still the best and he came back and proved he was the best. he's still the best, and doesn't have to pove himself again.
    I'm sorry, but I'm not so well-versed with chess history. From the very little that I know of chess history, Fischer did make a comeback to challenge his old 'foe' in Spassky. And he emerged the winner of those games. But to me that didn't prove that he's the best. What it did prove was the fact that he's still good at chess then, and he was able to beat another GM. But in order to prove that you are the best, you must beat the best. I don't think that Spassky was the no.1 in the world when those games were played.
  2. Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 03:52
    I think the Japanese solitary confinement along with being extradited to Iceland affects one's play. I also think the George Bush Sr. administration still has/ had a warrant out for him for playing chess (conducting business) in a war-time area back in the 1990's. I think this along with aging will affect his logical thinking.
  3. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 04:05
    Originally posted by Lightmare
    I think this along with aging will affect his logical thinking
    Oh you'd be surprised how different people perform as they age. I happened to read up a bit on V. Topalov. Apparently, when he was younger, his play wasn't as good, I mean as a GM. But as he gets older, with proper training etc, he is getting better and better! If only not because of this toilet thing, I'd still be supporting him now.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 06:27
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    you got a smart mouth.
    Thank you, EcstremeVenom. One's learning.

At the time Fisher went his way to World Champion, he was good, the best.
    But since then? I doubt it.

But one thing is for sure. He is the best US player (ever?)
    Isn't that enough?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 06:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 06:352 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree