1. Joined
    13 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jan '08 18:29
    I am still learning this game but seem to make a lot of mistakes.
    Game 4529483
    Here there was an easy piece win in the opening and then for some reason I moved too fast and lost my queen. Can anyone advise me as this is where I seem to make most of my mistakes? This would be much appreciated. 🙂
  2. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    24 Jan '08 18:34
    Originally posted by ares3
    I am still learning this game but seem to make a lot of mistakes.
    Game 4529483
    Here there was an easy piece win in the opening and then for some reason I moved too fast and lost my queen. Can anyone advise me as this is where I seem to make most of my mistakes? This would be much appreciated. 🙂
    You lost your Queen to a careless blunder. You just did not notice it was en prise.

Take more time over your moves and always do a quick blunder check before you submit your move. Check none of your pieces are en prise and look at all the checks your opponent has.

Sometimes it helps to do this if you flip the board.
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 Jan '08 18:40
    6. ... Bxa3 looks like it wins a piece for Black.
  4. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    24 Jan '08 18:43
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    6. ... Bxa3 looks like it wins a piece for Black.
    It certainly does win a piece but at his level it is a question of seeing the 1 move dropping of pieces before working on the 2 move combinations.
  5. Joined
    13 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jan '08 19:09
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    It certainly does win a piece but at his level it is a question of seeing the 1 move dropping of pieces before working on the 2 move combinations.
    I did mention the piece win in the opening. I think you are right- I move far too fast. 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree