1. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 02:34
    The following is from the site FAQ:

A draw can be claimed without any interaction from your opponent under a number of conditions. These are as follows:

No piece capture or pawn movement has occurred for over 50 consecutive moves (100 half moves). Therefore the game has not progressed and a draw may be claimed by either player during their next move.

I have a game in which this occurred and claimed a draw after 52 half-moves since piece capture or pawn move, but the draw was not given. am i missing something here? the game is Game 4539672.

thanks
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 02:53
    Originally posted by Iron Monkey

A draw can be claimed without any interaction from your opponent under a number of conditions. These are as follows:

No piece capture or pawn movement has occurred for over 50 consecutive moves (100 half moves). Therefore the game has not progressed and a draw may be claimed by either player during their next mov ...[text shortened]... t the draw was not given. am i missing something here? the game is Game 4539672.

thanks
    No piece capture or pawn movement has occurred for over 50 consecutive moves (100 half moves)

I have a game in which this occurred and claimed a draw after 52 half-moves since piece capture or pawn move
  3. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 02:561 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    [b]No piece capture or pawn movement has occurred for over 50 consecutive moves (100 half moves)

I have a game in which this occurred and claimed a draw after 52 half-moves since piece capture or pawn move[/b]
    thanks. boy, do i feel dumb. i've always thought it was 50 half moves. one of those cases of seeing what you want to see, i guess😳😞
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 03:011 edit
    thanks. boy, do i feel dumb. i've always thought it was 50 half moves. one of those cases of seeing what you want to see, i guess😳😞
    Don't worry about it...everybody makes those mistakes πŸ™‚

EDIT: at least it wasn't an OTB game 😡
  5. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 08:461 edit

No piece capture or pawn movement has occurred for over 50 consecutive moves (100 half moves). Therefore the game has not progressed and a draw may be claimed by either player during their next mov ...[text shortened]... t the draw was not given. am i missing something here? the game is Game 4539672.

thanks
    You may claim a draw after 50 moves having been made by both players.

Interesing to see how the corrupted move history affects this claim. You may need to make some extra moves to get there.

Interesting ending.
  6. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 12:10
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    You may claim a draw after 50 moves having been made by [b]both players.

Interesing to see how the corrupted move history affects this claim. You may need to make some extra moves to get there.

Interesting ending.[/b]
    extra moves? we're already going to be up around the 150 move mark!😲
  7. London
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 13:11
    My apologies if you've already tried this but have you actually "offered" your opponent a draw rather than just trying to claim one. You never know!
  8. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    05 Feb '08 05:43
    Originally posted by Mahout
    My apologies if you've already tried this but have you actually "offered" your opponent a draw rather than just trying to claim one. You never know!
    thanks for the advice, but my opponent's profile includes this:

"Be ready to play until there is only two pieces left in the board. So save yourself some time and don't ask me for a draw".

so that doesn't seem to be an option.
    πŸ™‚
  9. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    05 Feb '08 09:10
    How many full moves (1 by each player) since the last pawn / piece was taken?
  10. Joined
    12 Aug '04
    Moves
    05 Feb '08 12:33
    thanks for the advice, but my opponent's profile includes this:

"Be ready to play until there is only two pieces left in the board. So save yourself some time and don't ask me for a draw".

so that doesn't seem to be an option.
    πŸ™‚
    I wonder how many games he/she has going on with this pattern. It may be very time consuming.
  11. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    05 Feb '08 13:04
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    How many full moves (1 by each player) since the last pawn / piece was taken?
    it was 26 full moves i think, but now it's 0 because i just captured a piece.
  12. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    05 Feb '08 13:06
    Originally posted by Tatarana Crocodilo
    I wonder how many games he/she has going on with this pattern. It may be very time consuming.
    yes, i'm glad it's a 1/0 game at least.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree