1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 20:58
    A buddy gave me his old copy, he now has 10 I think, anyway, does anyone use 8? I was on the blitz site and played a guy 300 points higher and won with a double knight sac, I clipped it to the clipboard but don't know how to get it into either Redhotpawn or fritz, from the clipboard. Anyone help with either of those methods? If I could get it into my own archive or something it would be nice, a nice memento. Or fritz. Just don't want to lose the game. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Don.
  2. Hollow earth
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 22:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    A buddy gave me his old copy, he now has 10 I think, anyway, does anyone use 8? I was on the blitz site and played a guy 300 points higher and won with a double knight sac, I clipped it to the clipboard but don't know how to get it into either Redhotpawn or fritz, from the clipboard. Anyone help with either of those methods? If I could get it into my own ar ...[text shortened]... ritz. Just don't want to lose the game. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Don.
    Copy the pgn of that game,open Fritz,top left choose the menu 'edit' ->paste->paste game and the moves should appear on the score sheet. You can now play through the game and save it anywhere you like.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 22:16
    Originally posted by Katastroof
    Copy the pgn of that game,open Fritz,top left choose the menu 'edit' ->paste->paste game and the moves should appear on the score sheet. You can now play through the game and save it anywhere you like.
    Hey thanks! That got the game into fritz. When I do that, is the game remembered or do I have to reload it every time I invoke fritz?
    Also, can I get the game into RHP, my archive?
  4. Hollow earth
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 22:35
    Hey thanks! That got the game into fritz. When I do that, is the game remembered or do I have to reload it every time I invoke fritz?
    Also, can I get the game into RHP, my archive?
    You have to save it else it will be lost when you close fritz.
    Top left menu 'file'-> save and chose where you want to save it to.I don't know if you can get it into your RHP archive but I doubt it.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Oct '08 03:04
    Originally posted by Katastroof
    You have to save it else it will be lost when you close fritz.
    Top left menu 'file'-> save and chose where you want to save it to.I don't know if you can get it into your RHP archive but I doubt it.
    Yeah, I saved it so I have it, I also just wrote out the moves since fritz puts the moves out in algebraic so maybe I can just manually enter the moves in RHP.
  6. Under Cover
    Moves
    02 Oct '08 04:07
    Yeah, I saved it so I have it, I also just wrote out the moves since fritz puts the moves out in algebraic so maybe I can just manually enter the moves in RHP.
    You can paste the pgn here, or if you really want it in your game file here you can PM the moves to someone and play them out unrated, then save the game. I'll do it for you if nobody else will, if you want to go down that road. I don't know if there's an easier way to load a game here.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Oct '08 06:45
    Originally posted by Maxwell Smart
    You can paste the pgn here, or if you really want it in your game file here you can PM the moves to someone and play them out unrated, then save the game. I'll do it for you if nobody else will, if you want to go down that road. I don't know if there's an easier way to load a game here.
    I'll save that for a backup plan, sounds like that would work fine if a bit time consuming. Thanks for that idea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree