1. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 14:19
    Hello Caissa devotees :-),

I would like to use Fritz to make some tutorials.
    However I don't know how to add circels, arrows, highlight squares etc.
    And can't find in the help function.

So, could anyone explain to me, what I should do, or perhaps suggest other chess,software to use?

Help is appreciated.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 15:35
    Originally posted by MetBierOp
    Hello Caissa devotees :-),

I would like to use Fritz to make some tutorials.
    However I don't know how to add circels, arrows, highlight squares etc.
    And can't find in the help function.

So, could anyone explain to me, what I should do, or perhaps suggest other chess,software to use?

Help is appreciated.
    it explains them shortly under the "edit and annotate game" title in the help menu:

Graphic commentary
    The program uses coloured arrows and squares to illustrate tactical points and make strategic themes and plans more clear. You can manually enter these using a combination of mouse and keyboard. Press the Alt key and click a square or draw a line from one square to another. This will give you a green square or arrow. Alt+Ctrl does the same in yellow, use Alt+Shift for red. Clicking on the area around the board will remove the arrows and colored squares. All of this is great for chess lectures.
  3. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 16:18
    Great! Thanks
  4. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 19:57
    Originally posted by philidor position
    it explains them shortly under the "edit and annotate game" title in the help menu:

Graphic commentary
    The program uses coloured arrows and squares to illustrate tactical points and make strategic themes and plans more clear. You can manually enter these using a combination of mouse and keyboard. Press the Alt key and click a square or draw a ...[text shortened]... the board will remove the arrows and colored squares. All of this is great for chess lectures.
    Do you know an easy way to take my archived games from here and download them to fritz for analysis?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 19:59
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Do you know an easy way to take my archived games from here and download them to fritz for analysis?
    you should perhaps direct that question to an experienced RHP user. I don't know if the site allows you to download all your games at once.
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 20:20
    you should perhaps direct that question to an experienced RHP user. I don't know if the site allows you to download all your games at once.
    ok thanks.I was not interested in all of them. just certain ones periodically.Example,like a opening that may have stumped me,,a winning position then loosing the game,things of this nature.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 20:211 edit
    ok thanks.I was not interested in all of them. just certain ones periodically.Example,like a opening that may have stumped me,,a winning position then loosing the game,things of this nature.
    if you're mentioning individual games, then you can just copy and paste the pgns into fritz.
  8. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 20:30
    if you're mentioning individual games, then you can just copy and paste the pgns into fritz.
    I know this sounds stupid but( please, bear w/me) how do I do that?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 20:521 edit
    I know this sounds stupid but( please, bear w/me) how do I do that?
    Find the game here on RHP, there must be a "show pgn" or "download pgn" button or something like that somewhere. This is for sure, so don't give up finding it๐Ÿ™‚

if the pgn is in text, you just copy all the text, then, open fritz and hit "ctrl + v" (Edit/Paste/Paste Game) and there's your game.

if there's only a download option, you download the file, then open fritz, hit f12 (File/Open Database), then hit ctrl+o (again, File/Open Database) and find that pgn file.

To analyze the game, I recommend using infinite analysis (Game/Infinite Analysis).
  10. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 20:55
    Find the game here on RHP, there must be a "show pgn" or "download pgn" button or something like that somewhere. This is for sure, so don't give up finding it๐Ÿ™‚

if the pgn is in text, you just copy all the text, then, open fritz and hit "ctrl + v" (Edit/Paste/Paste Game) and there's your game.

if there's only a download option, you download ...[text shortened]...

To analyze the game, I recommend using infinite analysis (Game/Infinite Analysis).
    Thank you very much!
  11. e4
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 21:25
    There is also a way you can get all the games you have played on here
    emailed to you in one long PGN.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/mygames/emailgames.php

You have to set the criteria. (number of moves, date etc)
    and is limited to 100 games per PGN.
    So if you want all 400 games you do this 4 times with different settings.
  12. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 21:46
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    There is also a way you can get all the games you have played on here
    emailed to you in one long PGN.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/mygames/emailgames.php

You have to set the criteria. (number of moves, date etc)
    and is limited to 100 games per PGN.
    So if you want all 400 games you do this 4 times with different settings.
    appreciate it

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree