1. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    27 Jul '08 18:23
    Originally posted by hphovercraft
    Here's the game:

Game 5130650
    A wild and wooly one indeed! The chess equivalent to a Saturday night bar fight. 😛
  2. Columbus, Ohio
    Moves
    27 Jul '08 18:47
    It's depressing - I really think the queen sac was a great move, which was promptly wasted when I gave up my bishop and rook for free later on.
  3. Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '08 20:41
    [

This move's got me thinking: under what general circumstances would you willingly sac a queen if there was no guarantee that you'd get your oppenent's queen out of the deal? Needless to say, I ask that you do not comment on any ongoing games, whether mine or otherwise.[/b]
    sacking your queen for two rooks is perfectly acceptable. sacking your queen for two rooks and creating a passed pawn (protected as well) is a no brainer! i was quite proud of myself on this one!!Game 4765523
  4. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 05:58
    Originally posted by hphovercraft
    It's depressing - I really think the queen sac was a great move, which was promptly wasted when I gave up my bishop and rook for free later on.
    You did have a pretty good material advantage there. It was good play on your part until you missed that fork, at which point you should have still had a slight advantage.

Practice your tactics!
  5. Columbus, Ohio
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 00:33
    I try to keep up on my tactics - unfortunately, chess.emrald.net is sometimes non-specific when it comes to selecting the proper move. Some of their 'best moves' frankly bewilder me (though I'm only a 1200-level player so maybe this stuff is blisteringly obvious to those who're a bit more experienced).

Any recommendations, of course, would be welcome. I think my lack of tactical knowledge is my biggest fault right now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree