1. Joined
    30 Jun '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 02:09
    Originally posted by JonathanB of London
    To clarify: my objection is not to the post but to the game (and the player thereof)
    To be fair, it states in the header that that game was a 'friend invite'. So in this instance the bad play could have been intentional if he was trying to give his friend chances.
  2. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 02:251 edit
    Originally posted by KneeCaps
    To be fair, it states in the header that that game was a 'friend invite'. So in this instance the bad play could have been intentional if he was trying to give his friend chances.
    I'm not trying to pick on the guy, but here's another funny one.

I don't see friendly game with this one.

Game 7685935

I guess he's just not focusing all of the time, but when he does, he can get to 2146 !!!

Notes about this one:

Move 3 Total Nonsense
    Move 7 Hangs A Center Pawn
    Move 22 Forces Himself To Lose The Exchange
    Move 29 Loses A Piece
    Move 31 Gets Himself Mated

The odd part is white has a 427 rating point advantage.

If move 22 doesn't cause at least a chuckle, you need to lighten up.
  3. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 02:411 edit
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    I'm not trying to pick on the guy, but here's another funny one.

I don't see friendly game with this one.

Game 7685935

[pgn][Event "Challenge"]
    [Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2010.08.18"]
    [EndDate "2010.09.02"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "richardcjennings"]
    [Black "annee"]
    [WhiteRating "2029"]
    [BlackRating "1602"]
    [Whi move 22 doesn't cause at least a chuckle, you need to lighten up.
    Chevy 350? Ford 302?
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 11:07
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    Just basically a single mistake that cost you the game. You got so caught up in what you were doing that you forgot to see if the other guy had any moves. It happens to us all. Call it a learning experience.

44.Qxe4+ Kh8 45.Qa8+ Kh7 46.exf4 should do the trick. Your only weakness (the diagonal) is covered as long as you keep your queen on b7.
    Ahwellno. That's the aggravating thing. First, it's twoblunders in succession, losing me first the guaranteed win and then the draw. (Never mind that post-mortem computer analysis showed me missing an opportunity to win a piece early on - that's just par for the course for my level of play, alas.)

And then, for the first time in months I had actually put this position, at move 4, on the board to analyse it properly. And I'd concluded that his attack along the diagonal was not as dangerous as it looked. Concluded correctly, too, as you write later in your post. And then I only go and put my king on the one spot where it is in danger... and the next move, I do it AGAIN!!!.

I was so pleased with myself, too. For once I had not only lucked into a few positional advantages, but even managed to convert those into a dangerous passed pawn. And the latter not by accident, but by, quite unusually for me, having a strategic idea (control of the C line leading, later on, to a central or (as it happened) queenside attack) and executing it consistently.
    This was going to be my first proper, solid win. The one I thought through. The one I could be proud of. The one that would start me rising to a better player. I could taste it. And then, in two stupid, careless king moves, I threw it all away.

Richard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree