Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Subscriber rookorbycrook
    rookorbycrook
    16 Mar '14 12:51
    was at Holland park yesterday in London meet ups everyday and Saturday also after the sun goes in Kensington high street café nero played some good chess with some great people yesterday also visited the chess and bridge shop ;-)
  2. 16 Mar '14 15:57
    I was just thinking that I have never played chess on a real board, face to face with someone. Question is am I missing out?

    Willy.....
  3. Subscriber rookorbycrook
    rookorbycrook
    16 Mar '14 17:52
    yeah big time nothing like an otb game come down to the park
  4. Donation ketchuplover
    G.O.A.T.
    18 Mar '14 19:15
    Originally posted by Sirdubalot
    I was just thinking that I have never played chess on a real board, face to face with someone. Question is am I missing out?

    Willy.....
    Have you ever handled real pieces? tyia
  5. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    19 Mar '14 01:48
    Originally posted by Sirdubalot
    I was just thinking that I have never played chess on a real board, face to face with someone. Question is am I missing out?

    Willy.....
    I have a close friend who is a very strong (IMO) player. It's been a blessing over the years to have an opponent who is better that you and willing to analyse and tutor. Local clubs are usually full of such players.
  6. 19 Mar '14 06:03
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    Have you ever handled real pieces? tyia
    Unfortunately not, I've only ever plated on here.

    Hope the OP does not mind me answering on his thread.

    Willy....
  7. 19 Mar '14 06:04
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I have a close friend who is a very strong (IMO) player. It's been a blessing over the years to have an opponent who is better that you and willing to analyse and tutor. Local clubs are usually full of such players.
    I have been trying to find someone to teach me for a year or so now, I keep looking.
  8. 19 Mar '14 16:04
    Originally posted by Sirdubalot
    I have been trying to find someone to teach me for a year or so now, I keep looking.
    Sirdubalot. Are you in Wales? Where? We have a club and we're short of players