1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 22:25
    Originally posted by jovy1097
    Am I the only person who is goes through incredible hot, then cold spells in my games? Seems like I'll go for a time when all my games are wins and I think that I have really stepped it up. Then the inevitable cold spell hits and I seem to lose all my games and I feel like an absolute patzer. Is this a common occurence on the chess board just like in active sports?
    It only takes one night of drunken/tired/hungover moves and you can be feeling the negative effects for a month after.

D
  2. washington
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 02:39
    its happened to me a lot i was 1513 two weeks ago and yesterday i hit 1720. now i'm falling again. everyone has some fantastic games but then again we have our bad ones 🙄
  3. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 02:45
    I've reached my highest rating courtesy of almost freezing my move rate.😳

I'm doing just enough to stop from T/O.:'(
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 03:15
    Originally posted by idioms
    I seem to have hit a form slump in only one particular opening .. the Sicilian. The rest of my game seems fine but I just can't win a Sicilian to save myself at the moment .. anyone else find they lose form in one particular opening? .. maybe its punishment for giving up the dragon 😉
    Clearly it's punishment for you giving up the Dragon!
  5. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 03:23
    Originally posted by Diet Coke
    I've reached my highest rating courtesy of almost freezing my move rate.😳

I'm doing just enough to stop from T/O.:'(
    sounds like burnout. happens to everyone at times.
  6. back in business
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 06:48
    Am I the only person who is goes through incredible hot, then cold spells in my games? Seems like I'll go for a time when all my games are wins and I think that I have really stepped it up. Then the inevitable cold spell hits and I seem to lose all my games and I feel like an absolute patzer. Is this a common occurence on the chess board just like in active sports?
    happens me too, but only in bullet.
  7. over there
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 12:05
    It happens to me as well. Even in bullet games it happens. I'll go through a period where I'm playing my best and I have all the confidence in the world.
    Then, all of a sudden I'll have one of those days where it feels like I can't even see the board and it destroys my confidence, and not to mention my rating.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree