Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 18 Jul '08 18:50 / 1 edit
    I sent him a message over at gameknot and he says he still misses playing at RHP, and I figured since we're not enforcing section 3b anymore mind as well let him back.

    EDIT: Also since Russ let back Exy I dont see the harm in letting back another one.

    If you guys agree with letting back Ironman please give this your recommendation.
  2. Standard member eldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    18 Jul '08 18:55
    Originally posted by NorrisB
    I sent him a message over at gameknot and he says he still misses playing at RHP, and I figured since we're not inforcing section 3b anymore mind as well let him back.
    i say his gameknot profile is long due for an overhaul myself.
  3. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    18 Jul '08 19:53
    Lets have everyone back if they are not already!
  4. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    18 Jul '08 20:13
    Originally posted by NorrisB
    I sent him a message over at gameknot and he says he still misses playing at RHP, and I figured since we're not enforcing section 3b anymore mind as well let him back.

    EDIT: Also since Russ let back Exy I dont see the harm in letting back another one.

    If you guys agree with letting back Ironman please give this your recommendation.
    Let's have him sign a "Fair Play" form, and make him promise to never EVER do it again.

    Then let him come back.
  5. 18 Jul '08 22:11
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Let's have him sign a "Fair Play" form, and make him promise to never EVER do it again.

    Then let him come back.
    What makes you think he, "did it" before? He was convicted by a corrupt game mod system as evident by russ' actions.
  6. 18 Jul '08 22:19
    Originally posted by NorrisB
    What makes you think he, "did it" before? He was convicted by a corrupt game mod system as evident by russ' actions.
    Come come.
    Some decisions are simply easier to make than others
  7. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    18 Jul '08 22:42
    Originally posted by NorrisB
    What makes you think he, "did it" before? He was convicted by a corrupt game mod system as evident by russ' actions.
    Corruption had not yet set in. If it had, Russ would have disbanded the game mods at that time. His judgment is infallible and mustn't be questioned.
  8. 19 Jul '08 03:11
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    His judgment is infallible and mustn't be questioned.
    Which is exactly why Ironman should be let back. He feels that regular RHP members are not qualified to ban players (so basically he's banning no one) and Ironman31's conviction is no longer relevant.
  9. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    19 Jul '08 08:39 / 1 edit
    The game mod system might have been imperfect and they may have been tainted by the possibility of guilt from one of their own but at least it was better than nothing and largely worked.

    It was never bought into disrepute and generally the bans metted out were considered by virtually everyone to be justified. There is a very small possibility that 1 or 2 bans might be debateable but generally it worked.

    In my opinion it should be bought back as should the list of banned players. Not only does something need to be done but it must be seen to be done.
  10. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    19 Jul '08 08:58 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by NorrisB
    Which is exactly why Ironman should be let back. He feels that regular RHP members are not qualified to ban players (so basically he's banning no one) and Ironman31's conviction is no longer relevant.
    Regular RHP members have never banned engine cheats. Only The Russ® has the power to do so.
  11. Standard member eldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    19 Jul '08 18:11
    the game mod system never worked, only banned a handful of obvious cheats then was dismantled twice.
  12. Standard member Hindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    22 Jul '08 10:09
    Originally posted by eldragonfly
    the game mod system never worked, only banned a handful of obvious cheats then was dismantled twice.
    You idiot. If it banned obvious cheats, then it must have worked.
    Never worked? You are wrong.
  13. 22 Jul '08 15:55
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    You idiot. If it banned obvious cheats, then it must have worked.
    Never worked? You are wrong.
    Well thats what Russ would have you believe.
  14. Standard member eldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    22 Jul '08 19:40
    Originally posted by NorrisB
    Well thats what Russ would have you believe.
    i tend to agree. the game mod system never worked, only banned a handful of obvious cheats then was dismantled twice.
  15. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 Jul '08 20:14
    Originally posted by eldragonfly
    i tend to agree. the game mod system never worked, only banned a handful of obvious cheats then was dismantled twice.
    There was a 'handful' of cheats removed from one clan alone... handful is an exaggerated understatement.

    P-