Moves
    19 Jan '10 23:321 edit
    At least I learned I shouldn't pay for white teeth
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    19 Jan '10 23:491 edit
    a guy in his underwear in front of a computer, and you guys thinks he's looking at chess?? 🙄
  3. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    20 Jan '10 00:25
    Originally posted by Ajuin
    At least I learned I shouldn't pay for white teeth
    Now that made me laugh out loud, so much so that "lol" didn't do it justice.
  4. Standard memberYuga
    Renaissance
    OnceInALifetime
    Moves
    20 Jan '10 01:21
    Originally posted by wormwood
    a guy in his underwear in front of a computer, and you guys thinks he's looking at chess?? 🙄
    Stay away from the guy with the tank top.
  5. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    20 Jan '10 01:27
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Hi Nowk.

Read it ages ago.

But don't you think a picture is worth more than 1,000 words.
    A picture has a worth I'm not willing to explore.

For clarification, I don't disagree with you GP, in fact I think your right, and that most
    people should study chess on a board, with a 3d set to get better.

I was merely hoping to point out that in Carlesen's case; the 3d board may have more
    to do with psychological training, than any amount of "board vision" or things of that
    nature.

I think (yes this is my opinion coming out) much of what Kasparov confronts Carlsen
    with currently is meant to bring him discomfort. Much of the preperation I seem to
    hear coming out of the Carlsen camp seems more directed towards training his
    endurance, stamina, and especially psychological flexibility.

I even take Kaspy's reference to his "abysmal" opening play, to be such an attack.
    Carlsen is a great player, however, I believe Kaspy is going to try to turn the boy
    into a warrior. The foundation for greatness is already there; we'll see how Kaspy
    tries to bring it out of him.

-GIN
  6. e4
    Moves
    20 Jan '10 01:55
    Gin.

I'm having to put my thumb over that avatar to read your post.

Think we should run an RHP comeptition to design you a new 'still' one.

Kasparov is doing a great job but I'm still going to send the lad a chess set
    and get him to admit in print he has one so I can get you guys back on track.

Do you know I actually lie awake at nights thinking with dread at what moves
    you are all making and what you lot are up too in the forum whilst I'm not there.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jan '10 07:091 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Do you know I actually lie awake at nights thinking with dread at what moves
    you are all making and what you lot are up too in the forum whilst I'm not there.
    Don't let RHP cost you another job, GP 🙂.

Seriously though. I think I'm getting very close to a point where I'll admit chess is my vice. Not there yet, but close. Especially participating actively in the forums, they take like regular working hours on some days. I quit smoking, but I know I can't quit chess, but I realize I need to take the time I spend on the forums in control, it's the worst of professions you know, especially the salary.
  8. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '10 08:43
    Originally posted by philidor position
    it's the worst of professions you know, especially the salary.
    I am paid in rating points
  9. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    20 Jan '10 09:251 edit
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    I am paid in rating points
    Your as broke as I am - Well Almost.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree