1. Joined
    10 Oct '09
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 12:57

I have just played 24.... Ne7 after which my opponent resigned.Another case of early resignation imo.
    The disapointing thing is I had prepared such a nice line in case he would play 25.g4 which looks like a plausible move,although probably not a very good one.
    What do you think?And is this line plausible and sound?

25.g4,Rc2 26.Re1,Nd5 27.Nxd4,Rg2+!! 28.Kxg2 Nxf4+ 29.Kf1 Nxd3 30.Ne6 Nxe1 31.Nxd8 Bxd8 32.Kxe1 Kf7 0-1
  2. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 14:074 edits
    why the hell, you guys always put rooks on the second rank as soon as possible.

it is not because a rook, that it is good.

I simply think..
    white is not a good shape.

Ho, yeah...

And Rg2+ is not a good move.... not even needed.

Nxf4 and white's knight is pinned, he lost a bishop on the move.....

You to win a bishop,m but we shoudl end this right away, and no need to sac a rook to get a bishop for free. do not sac and, get more....

Rg2 do not need any exclamation . As white is dead. before the move. he pinned his knight. but there was not many thing he cloud, passed pawns are good.
  3. Joined
    10 Oct '09
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 15:41
    Originally posted by AudreyxSophie
    why the hell, you guys always put rooks on the second rank as soon as possible.

it is not because a rook, that it is good.

I simply think..
    white is not a good shape.

Ho, yeah...

And Rg2+ is not a good move.... not even needed.

Nxf4 and white's knight is pinned, he lost a bishop on the move.....

You to win a bishop,m but we ...[text shortened]... e the move. he pinned his knight. but there was not many thing he cloud, passed pawns are good.
    What's wrong with 25.... Rc2?

You're right,no need to sac the rook on g2 the bishop already hangs because my rook is safe.Funny oversight.

Don't really understand the rest you said
  4. Joined
    08 Dec '07
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 16:49
    Originally posted by Ajuin
    What's wrong with 25.... Rc2?

You're right,no need to sac the rook on g2 the bishop already hangs because my rook is safe.Funny oversight.

Don't really understand the rest you said
    I haven't analysed the line to death but I agree with your last sentence. You'd think with 4 edits they'd make their meaning plainer. Shame because what she said about the knight pin was good stuff. I don't quite understand the poster's intention when she speaks about "he lost a bishop on the move", for example. Any clarity appreciated.
    Anyway, not a bad combo, Nxf4 is probably better, but the original line would also likely have shredded the defences of a minnow like myself. The fact that you're going into that much depth is pretty impressive at our levels as well.
  5. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 18:49
    What would you have done after 26. Bd2?
    I agree, your position is won though
  6. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 19:35
    Originally posted by mjolnir
    I haven't analysed the line to death but I agree with your last sentence. You'd think with 4 edits they'd make their meaning plainer. Shame because what she said about the knight pin was good stuff. I don't quite understand the poster's intention when she speaks about "he lost a bishop on the move", for example. Any clarity appreciated.
    Anyway, not a bad co ...[text shortened]... fact that you're going into that much depth is pretty impressive at our levels as well.
    She, ?v

I am not a woman, I am a man, why we take conclusion based on people's pseudonyme.

Yeah, he is going dept, but when there is no need to go dept, it is like training.

Hwta is important, is to not include lost piece, in your calculs, (What I do often)

( And remplace those she with he, I am male.
  7. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 19:44

Yeah, he is going dept, but when there is no need to go dept, it is like training.

Hwta is important, is to not include lost piece, in your calculs, (What I do often)
    Thank you for clarifing your points on the game.
  8. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 19:54
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    Thank you for clarifing your points on the game.
    lmao.

same here, I think I will become a better player
  9. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 19:55
    She, ?v

I am not a woman, I am a man, why we take conclusion based on people's pseudonyme.

( And remplace those she with he, I am male.
    oh, and are you post-op?
  10. Joined
    10 Oct '09
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 20:46
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    What would you have done after 26. Bd2?
    I agree, your position is won though
    I had in mind 26.... Rxb2
    or 26.... Nc6 (threatening 27..... Ne5 28.... d3+) 27.f4 Rxb2

You all seem to think this is such a clearly won position but I was very surprised my opponent resigned.Sure,black is winning but there's still a lot of work to be done.One mistake and it's equal again.Or worse!
  11. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 21:23
    no, Black can even afford do some weak move, white is far from drawing,

resign was justified.

And why the hell, you take on b2, the main goal is to promote your pawn here, not to take useless junk, while it is a big mistake, be carfullk before taking such pawns, are I had some opponents that lost because of it.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 22:042 edits
    Originally posted by irontigran
    lmao.

same here, I think I will become a better player
    you shouldn't expect much help from someone who is rude to even those who try to help him. (he has a history of that.) : Thread 117322
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 22:101 edit
    Originally posted by Ajuin
    no need to sac the rook on g2 the bishop already hangs because my rook is safe.Funny oversight.
    I missed that pin too.
  14. Standard memberBorgov
    King-Flicker
    Leeds, UK.
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 22:29
    Yeah I’d say the resign was justified - you may not have been able to play out you’re great combination but that’s Chess! I’ve had people in OTB struggle on for 20 moves with ridiculous material down only to resign two moves before they got mated - annoying but a wins a win 😉

In CC I do tend to resign if I loose any serious material (although I am currently plodding on a Knight down in 2 games) because ultimately you are beaten, your opponent just has more time to think it out and grind you into a lost endgame.
  15. Joined
    10 Oct '09
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 22:512 edits
    But he's not even down a piece.He's in trouble but not yet lost.Stranger things have happened!

You guys make think I'm one of those who play on too long in completely lost positions 😳

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree