1. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '08 21:13
    hi, i have some pgn files in my chessbase light database that i would like to send via email, how is this possible - regards Robert.
  2. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '08 21:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hi, i have some pgn files in my chessbase light database that i would like to send via email, how is this possible - regards Robert.
    Hey, Robbie, I'm assuming you mean Chessbase Light 2007? If it's the free evaluation version, that one is read only, and I don't think you can do it. If it's the premium version that you bought, then it should be easy to save it as a PGN file. PGN files are just text documents, so they should be easy to attach to e-mails.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '08 23:48
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Hey, Robbie, I'm assuming you mean Chessbase Light 2007? If it's the free evaluation version, that one is read only, and I don't think you can do it. If it's the premium version that you bought, then it should be easy to save it as a PGN file. PGN files are just text documents, so they should be easy to attach to e-mails.
    thanks Rook dude, i have the light version, I will need to make some hints to Mrs Corrobie to buy me the premium version for my anniversary - kind regards Robbie. 😀
  4. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '08 23:52
    thanks Rook dude, i have the light version, I will need to make some hints to Mrs Corrobie to buy me the premium version for my anniversary - kind regards Robbie. 😀
    What are the source files that you're using? (what format, that is) It might help if we knew a little bit about the files that you're trying to send. There might be a way around this problem.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jul '08 00:07
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    What are the source files that you're using? (what format, that is) It might help if we knew a little bit about the files that you're trying to send. There might be a way around this problem.
    Hi dude, thanks for taking the time, i have this chessbase program, The Giuoco Piano, by Ripperger which has some annotated game in it. one of the games features a line presently being played by the illustrious Scotland club vs the puny R.H.P International (consultation match), i just wondered if it was possible to send the line, you know that appears in the little annotation section beside the main chess board in chessbase light. i am sure that i figured a way before but it is all but lost, and like you say, i have a sneaking suspicion it may only be for premium users.
  6. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    01 Jul '08 02:13
    Hi dude, thanks for taking the time, i have this chessbase program, The Giuoco Piano, by Ripperger which has some annotated game in it. one of the games features a line presently being played by the illustrious Scotland club vs the puny R.H.P International (consultation match), i just wondered if it was possible to send the line, you know that appear ...[text shortened]... is all but lost, and like you say, i have a sneaking suspicion it may only be for premium users.
    IIRC you have two options.

1. find the game you want to send, highlight and press ctrl + c to copy it, paste it into your email (already in pgn format)

2. CBL organizes things into databases. These may be pgn files but can be other formats (which I don't recall off the top of my head). When you open the program the top right pane lists all your databases. From there you can gather the exact location of the file. Using windows explorer, find the file and attach it to your email.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jul '08 20:30
    Originally posted by zebano
    IIRC you have two options.

1. find the game you want to send, highlight and press ctrl + c to copy it, paste it into your email (already in pgn format)

2. CBL organizes things into databases. These may be pgn files but can be other formats (which I don't recall off the top of my head). When you open the program the top right pane lists all your database ...[text shortened]... exact location of the file. Using windows explorer, find the file and attach it to your email.
    hi, when i highlight the game i get this dialogue box saying MAPI error, any ideas, i will try the other methods that you suggest in the meantime - regards Robbie.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree