1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 19:05
    Do you expect your game to be won or lost in the end game? Do you expect that game to end with a middle game checkmate? How do you think your game will end up?

I find that I expect may games to be won or lost by a checkmate during the middle game, but somehow I think this is supposed to be wrong.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 00:35
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Do you expect your game to be won or lost in the end game? Do you expect that game to end with a middle game checkmate? How do you think your game will end up?

I find that I expect may games to be won or lost by a checkmate during the middle game, but somehow I think this is supposed to be wrong.
    I have no idea how my games are going to end.
  3. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 01:28
    In this format, I just hope I'm still around to see it!
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 20:371 edit
    Came to a conclusion yesterday and felt this thread was a good place to put it.

My greatest weakness is my end game! I never study it because I know some basics and I don't expect my games to last that long. If I am going to get better, then I need to expect to play an entire game. I need to expect a game to last to the bitter end.

This brought about another realization, that I've read before! Isn't it great that I'm discovering for myself what other people have said! lol

If I want to get better and win more games, I don't need to learn to play better moves. I need to learn to avoid making bad moves. At my level, we don't win, the other person loses. If I can avoid losing, then I'll win. When I get good enough and can't win by simply not losing, then I'll start to learn how to find great moves!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree