1. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 02:01
    As I've stated before a person once said, "Show me a person who doesn't mind losing and I'll show you a loser."

I don't know about you, but blowing a game can mess up my whole day! 😳 I mean, it's one thing to be outplayed, but it's an entirely different thing when you do something stupid and lose the game. Maybe it shouldn't be like that... maybe I should just be able to accept that I'm stupid and move on. 😲

But I can't. I want to win. And for those fools who think it's just a game , NO! It isn't just a game, is it?

I was entertaining the idea of writing a sci-fi story about an alien race invading the earth and the leaders of their race and ours decide to settle the conquest by matching their top player against ours in a game of chess.

Okay, okay, I'm just kidding. That's a dumb idea for a story... or is it?
    Maybe I've become obsessed with chess like the rest of you! 😲
    Maybe I need a girlfriend. *sigh*
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 02:20
    I don't usually mind much after I click resign. when it's over it's over. before that however, I'll rather put myself through hell than give up.

when I throw away a won game, I'm more likely to laugh at myself than anything else.
  3. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 03:16
    not depredded, just addoyened.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 07:501 edit
    How many people get depressed if you lose?

Not many, just me.
    My opponent, on the other hand, gets very happy if I lose.
  5. Standard memberpawnfondler
    no edits
    Behind you
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 08:12
    I hate losing. I hate everything about it. Im a sore loser. The only good thing i see in losing is how obsessed i become with the loss and how much i learn from it. I figure im 100 losses away from being unbeatable.
  6. Standard memberpawnfondler
    no edits
    Behind you
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 08:18
    correction 99.
  7. Santa Clara, CA
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 08:20
    Originally posted by arrakis

contrary to popular belief, finding a girlfriend won't solve your woes.

mo women mo problems
  8. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 08:55
    But I can't. I want to win. And for those fools who think it's just a game , NO! It isn't just a game, is it?
    Yes it is.
  9. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 09:51
    Originally posted by slickhare
    contrary to popular belief, finding a girlfriend won't solve your woes.

mo women mo problems
    Oh, you misunderstand me. It was a joke based on the idea that everyone needs a woman in their life. I'm a true believer that nobody can make you happy or sad - only you can do that.
  10. Standard memberonyx2006
    onyx2007
    watching you...
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 09:53
    I don't mind loosing to my own stupidity. What I "hate" however, is me concentrating really hard and being 'outplayed' by my opponent, that's very frustrating. πŸ˜•
  11. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 09:57
    I'm a true believer that nobody can make you happy or sad - only you can do that.
    I should introduce you to my wife. You'd soon change your mind.
  12. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leΓΆlΓ©s ellenfeleim
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 10:01
    Look at me. I am laughing, I'm making pleasantries
    and probably I am not going to be able to sleep tonight.

NAJDORF (after his defeat by Petrosian)
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 10:05
    It was a joke based on the idea that everyone needs a woman in their life.
    Not my wife!

This is also a joke.
    (I hope)
  14. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 10:11
    As I've stated before a person once said, "Show me a person who doesn't mind losing and I'll show you a loser."

I don't know about you, but blowing a game can mess up my whole day! 😳 I mean, it's one thing to be outplayed, but it's an entirely different thing when you do something stupid and lose the game. Maybe it shouldn't be like that... maybe I shoul ...[text shortened]... obsessed with chess like the rest of you! 😲
    I suffer really badly when i lose OTB. If i am out played, i can get over it relatively quickly, but if the game is lost because of a move(s) that i have played, well, let's just say i find it very hard to contain my frustration.

My OTB grade is 105bcf. Last season i was playing a guy who was 138. I was up a piece and two pawns and he had 5 minutes left on his clock to make 15 moves! I had the whole thing sown up, it was a done deal. Then, i played a move that i had ALREADY SEEN WAS A TERRIBLE BLUNDER! I had seen it about 8 moves earlier. I remember saying to myself "Whatever you do, DON'T PLAY THAT MOVE!!!"

My opponent was then treated to a forced line that took 12 moves to complete and resulted in him winning my Queen! 😠

I actually swore at the table! Yes that's right, it all came out, there and then! I didn't sleep for a week after that, i was tortured by the final position, night after night after night. I went on a 9 game losing streak as a result. If i could possibly find a way to get my emotions under control, i'd pay good money for it! 😳
  15. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 10:28
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    I suffer really badly when i lose OTB. If i am out played, i can get over it relatively quickly, but if the game is lost because of a move(s) that i have played, well, let's just say i find it very hard to contain my frustration.

My OTB grade is 105bcf. Last season i was playing a guy who was 138. I was up a piece and two pawns and he had 5 minutes le ...[text shortened]... could possibly find a way to get my emotions under control, i'd pay good money for it! 😳
    Ohhhhhhhhh, the pain... You are very fortunate to still be alive! *GASP*

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree