1. Joined
    12 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 09:42
    - Do not enter more than one tournaments.

- Have a limit, say, 10. Play 10 games, but don't try to fill the limit immediately when a game finishes. This will help you concentrate on longer and more complicated games more.
  2. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 10:26
    I don't have credit card so I didn't subscribe as I originally intentended to do. It helped me a lot. I would lost my mind with all that possibilities unlocked 🙂
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 10:31
    Anthias, could you be helpful to me and maybe drop a rook in our game? 😉
  4. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 11:29
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    I don't have credit card so I didn't subscribe as I originally intentended to do. It helped me a lot. I would lost my mind with all that possibilities unlocked 🙂
    You don't need a credit card to subscribe. 😀

Check this out: http://www.redhotpawn.com/vstat/subsnocard.php
  5. back in business
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 12:081 edit
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    You don't need a credit card to subscribe. 😀

Check this out: http://www.redhotpawn.com/vstat/subsnocard.php
    Doh. Who wants to send money via airmail. Its 21th century for sake.

I would subscribe immediately if I could do it with neteller or moneybookers or even bank transfer. but no...
  6. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 13:281 edit
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    Doh. Who wants to send money via airmail. Its 21th century for sake.

I would subscribe immediately if I could do it with neteller or moneybookers or even bank transfer. but no...
    I just got a visa card for these kind of things. don't really need a credit card, but it's just the most practical way for ordering/paying for stuff from outside finland. I got an osuuspankki visa, and it works as an atm card as well, so one card less to carry around in your wallet.

and a lot of stuff, like dvds, are actually cheaper to purchase online. as are school books, and they're also delivered a lot faster. akateeminen kirjakauppa etc. take sometimes weeks or even months to deliver the book you need now, but ordering it straight from the publisher gets it to you in days. usually delivered to your door (because university books are so god damn expensive they often include delivery), and maybe a third cheaper. one graphics book I ordered from england came the next day!

oh, and anthias, you have the right idea. but in practice it just doesn't work, because you can't stop yourself from joining in tournaments. 🙂
  7. Joined
    12 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 13:44
    I think chess should be considered as a sweet addiction like chocolate.
  8. Joined
    05 Jun '07
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 13:47
    Originally posted by anthias
    For me it is a hard addiction. No more TV. No more videogames.
    I just can't explain why.
    My wife thinks I am mad :-)
  9. Stockholm, Sweden
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 15:48
    What is wrong with a regular bank transfer really..?
  10. Stockholm, Sweden
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 15:50
    - Do not enter more than one tournaments.

- Have a limit, say, 10. Play 10 games, but don't try to fill the limit immediately when a game finishes. This will help you concentrate on longer and more complicated games more.
    I have 4 games, but I have problems to get time for them... and I am a subscriber (well, for a little longer). 🙂
  11. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 15:56
    My family are considering sending my to rehab. I'm doing A levels now and they are sure chess will make me fail.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree