1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 18:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    here is an example of the attacker, a blitz game just played illustrates the concept well.

mummin v robbie the howler (awooo)
    [pgn] [Event "RHP Blitz rated"] [Site "www.timeforchess.com"] [Date "2011.10.12"] [Round "?"] [White "mummin"] [Black "robbie carrobie"] [Result "0-1"] [PlyCount "76"] [EventDate "2011.??.??"] 1. e4 b6 {Owens opening, whi ...[text shortened]... relentless attacker. Awwwwoooooo, werewolfs of London, awooooo} 0-1[/pgn]
    His 4.a3 move didn't seem very attacking.

That was hilarious the way his B was trapped through the end game.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 07:13
    Originally posted by moon1969
    His 4.a3 move didn't seem very attacking.

That was hilarious the way his B was trapped through the end game.
    I think its a common strategic theme of which Capablanca was meant to have been an
    expert opponent.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 11:30
    I think its a common strategic theme of which Capablanca was meant to have been an
    expert opponent.
    expert exponent, that is 😕
  4. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 16:221 edit
    This follows a discussion i was having privately with Nimzo. It seemed apparent to
    me, during my time playing chess, particularly blitz, that there are certain types of
    players.

1.The attacker

This player does not really understand anything about chess, they simply love to
    attack. The only concept of chess they have, is attack and defen ...[text shortened]... dvantage with one or two move howlers. Yes, i think i should term it, The Howler!
    awwwwooooo!
    Robbie- Much of your anaylsis is correct here. I would suggest however that at over 1700 strength, you would be able to beat up on most club players simply because your are a stronger player.

My favorite opponent to defeat in an OTB tournament is the rising star schoolboy, they normally come to a tournment hall with large and
    fragile ego's. It's ever so much fun to bring them down to earth
    (much like popping a balloon). 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree