Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 20 Jan '06 16:35
    I was trying a rochade for several times but it doesn´t work. does anybody know how to make it?
  2. 20 Jan '06 16:40
    Originally posted by christophkaiser
    I was trying a rochade for several times but it doesn´t work. does anybody know how to make it?
    Wot?!
  3. 20 Jan '06 16:42 / 1 edit
    It's in the FAQ: http://www.redhotpawn.com/help/index.php?help=castling

Oddjob: Rochade = castling
  4. Standard member buffalobill
    Major Bone
    21 Jan '06 17:04
    Move your king two squares and make your move. It works.
  5. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    21 Jan '06 18:37
    Also the squares between the king and castle must not be under threat
  6. 22 Jan '06 13:52
    Learn how to play chess, the moves and basic rules, before attempting to play. Try it, seems to work for the rest of the chess world.
  7. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    22 Jan '06 14:16
    Originally posted by caissa100
    Learn how to play chess, the moves and basic rules, before attempting to play. Try it, seems to work for the rest of the chess world.
    Rules of chess have nothing to do with the interface for an internet chess site.

D
  8. 22 Jan '06 14:18
    Thanks folks!
  9. 22 Jan '06 14:23
    to Oddjob291: rochade is the french word for castling, but thank you for your prolific contribution.
  10. Standard member Trains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    22 Jan '06 15:08
    Yes, Rochade. My cousins name. Only kidding.
    A "rochade" is moving your pawn sideways to the left, then forward 3 times. You can only do that twice in a game.