1. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 02:59
    There are a lot of times where I can intuitively pick the right move without really seeing why it's the right move on CTS. I see it when I go over it, but not necessarily when I solve the problem. Is it better to solve those puzzles slowly, making sure you understand them before you answer them, or is that intuition what you are supposed to be developing?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 03:20
    Originally posted by amolv06
    There are a lot of times where I can intuitively pick the right move without really seeing why it's the right move on CTS. I see it when I go over it, but not necessarily when I solve the problem. Is it better to solve those puzzles slowly, making sure you understand them before you answer them, or is that intuition what you are supposed to be developing?
    its quite an interesting question, i tend to take my time, for me its the thought process thats important, the questions we ask prior to making our moves that lead us to the correct conclusion, however there are times when we simply 'see' things intuitively and know how to proceed, but even here care is needed because often there is some quirk that we never reckoned upon and our 'intuition', is flawed. actually my rating on cts is 1700, at least one hundred points higher than here, i don't know why, you think the two would correspond?
  3. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 03:22
    Originally posted by amolv06
    it's better to aim for accuracy. best by test.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 03:54
    It depends what you want out of it. Like the other posters I´m more interested in getting the answer right rather than speed. But if you want to practice seeing tactics quickly for blitz then you should try answering them in the time.
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 04:14
    Thanks for the replies.

@ Robbie:

My rating here has been fluctuating between 1550 and 1600 lately, whereas my rating on CTS is 1450. How it corresponds I have no idea.
  6. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 12:35
    Just click whenever you feel the need to. Why not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree