For all those not able to fake being from the UK: (😉)
Here are the questions, with my answers hidden.
1. At what age did Bobby Fischer become chess champion of the US?
2. Which Hungarian emigree and scientist may have been Fischer's real father, though he is not named on the birth certificate?
3. Fischer accused the Russians of fixing the 1962 Candidates tournament. In which publication did he make that accusation?
Sports Illustrated. Hah! Contest got this wrong.
4. Which Russian player did Fischer defeat in 1972 in Reykjavik to become World Champion?
I thought these questions were going to be hard! Boris Spassky, of course.
5. During the championship match, the Russians asked that Fischer's chair be inspected for 'sinister devices'. What was discovered by the search?
Two dead flies.
6. At which 1959 international tournament did Fischer first defeat the Estonian Paul Keres, and establish his reputation with the Soviet GMs?
I couldn't remember the city. I guessed Zagreb. X. Zurich. Contestant didn't get this either.
7. Fischer failed to arrive on time for a scheduled game in the WC match in 1972. Which statesman called him twice to try to save the match?
8. To which player did Fischer lose all 4 of their games in the '49 WC candidates?
9. Fischer defeated D. Byrne at age 13 in the 'game of the century'. On which number of move did he deliver mate?
56. Dammit. 41. Contest guessed 25.
10. Fischer was wrongfully arrested for bank robbery in 1981. What was the name of the pamphlet he published about it?
I was tortured in a Pasadena Jailhouse
11. What opening was used by Fischer in his game against Botvinnik in the Varna Olympiad?
Sicilian. X. Dammit. Gruenfeld.
SG's score: 8/11