1. Subscriberflyingcod
    Berg Katze
    The Edge of Sanity
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 12:441 edit
    Played a game with a former work colleague, been hammered many times previously (but I didn't really know what I was doing in my first 100 games) but opp had timed out so took the skull, bit of anticlimax. I felt I matched him move for move, but curious to see what the forums makes of it and where you think it would have gone? Draw? (I was white).

Game 10229717

Thanks (sorry if I have posted in incorrect format)

fc
  2. Joined
    06 May '13
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 15:23
    There's a lot of mistakes everywhere, but clearly Black took the advantage in the opening and for most of the game I think Black was winning.
    At the final position, Black can take White's Bishop with check so clearly he his winning. Maybe it's still a draw, but it's very unlikely.

By the way, 9...Nxf3+ 10. gxf3 Qxd3 11. Bxd3 Bxb2 wins on the spot for Black.
    And you missed (at least) two good moves:
    18. Bxe5 simply wins
    and 11. Bd4 Qxd4 12. Nxd4 Bxd4 would have been interesting, with a Queen for two Bishops and two Pawns.

I think you should learn how to play the opening better.
    3. Be3 was bad, you should develop Knights before Bishops.
    4. e5 was also bad, you're just loosing time with a silly Pawn move... Again you should have developped a Knight.
    5. Qd3 does nothing except loosing a Pawn, and you shouldn't move your Queen in the opening. 5. Nf3 or 5. exd6 were better.
    8. Be2 just lose a second Pawn, and I would have probably resigned in this position.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 17:30
    Originally posted by Marc Benford
    There's a lot of mistakes everywhere, but clearly Black took the advantage in the opening and for most of the game I think Black was winning.
    At the final position, Black can take White's Bishop with check so clearly he his winning. Maybe it's still a draw, but it's very unlikely.

By the way, 9...Nxf3+ 10. gxf3 Qxd3 11. Bxd3 Bxb2 wins on the spot fo ...[text shortened]... re better.
    8. Be2 just lose a second Pawn, and I would have probably resigned in this position.
    losing*, not 'loosing'.
  4. Subscriberflyingcod
    Berg Katze
    The Edge of Sanity
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 17:40
    Originally posted by Marc Benford

By the way, 9...Nxf3+ 10. gxf3 Qxd3 11. Bxd3 Bxb2 wins on the spot fo ...[text shortened]... re better.
    Thanks Marc, I will take your comments and suggestions on board.

Rgds,

fc

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree