I challenge

I challenge

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
15 Jun 07

Originally posted by cmsMaster
25...Qh8!! is actually the best.

I never even considered the move, my thoughts were split heavily between 25...Bc6, 25...Rd4, and Qg5.

I chose the worst one.
There you go! I'm very suprised Korch didn't mention that why I asked him. He didn't see anything wrong with Rd4 and Re4.

But I believe Qh8 is the move in that position. Very complicated after that.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
15 Jun 07

Originally posted by cmsMaster
I want to thank cmsMaster for the game. It was an exciting game and you played well.

At the end with king moves, I analysed them all and basically Black's King was walking through a mine field. Very tough but you did well. Good job. You will be a good player one day if you continue playing chess and studying.

I would also like to thank Rhp for providing the board and pieces.

Thank you 🙂

Rahim K

P

U.S.A.

Moves
15 Jun 07

Originally posted by RahimK
I want to thank cmsMaster for the game. It was an exciting game and you played well.

At the end with king moves, I analysed them all and basically Black's King was walking through a mine field. Very tough but you did well. Good job. You will be a good player one day if you continue playing chess and studying.

I would also like to thank Rhp for providing the board and pieces.

Thank you 🙂

Rahim K
Now this is a good first step in the right direction. 🙂

If this was said in the very beginning i don't think everyone would be making all this fuss, right now. But definitely is better late then never.

-- Paul

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
15 Jun 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Pavlo87
Now this is a good first step in the right direction. 🙂

If this was said in the very beginning i don't think everyone would be making all this fuss, right now. But definitely is better late then never.

-- Paul
I waited 2+ months to plan my celebration. You didn't I was just going to say good game and leave it at that did you?

Besides, how else what I going to make my most succesful thread ever? 1000+ posts.

Truly the MVP.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
15 Jun 07

There you go! I'm very suprised Korch didn't mention that why I asked him. He didn't see anything wrong with Rd4 and Re4.

But I believe Qh8 is the move in that position. Very complicated after that.
25...Qh8 gives black no more than draw after 26.Qe1. So I don`t see why this move should be better than 25...Rd4.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
15 Jun 07

Originally posted by Korch
25...Qh8 gives black no more than draw after 26.Qe1. So I don`t see why this move should be better than 25...Rd4.
I believe Qh8 is very complicated and offers Black better chances then any other move.

I looked at it very deeply while cms was thinking and I still believe that this is true.

What line do you have after

25...Qh8 26.Qe1 ( the move I would have played in response).

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
15 Jun 07
1 edit

What line do you have after

25...Qh8 26.Qe1 ( the move I would have played in response).
25...Qh8 26.Qe1 Qe8 27.Nxf4 exf4 28.Qc3+ Qe5 29.Qc7 and after 29....Qe6 (e7) white checks on c3 again. So 25....Qh8 is not bad but it gives black no more than draw.

P.S. 26...Qf8 seems not so good - 27.Nxf4 Qxf4 (27...exf4? 28.Qc3+) 28.Qh4 with powerful attack

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
15 Jun 07

25...Qh8 26.Qe1 Qe8 27.Nxf4 exf4 28.Qc3+ Qe5 29.Qc7 and after 29....Qe6 (e7) white checks on c3 again. So 25....Qh8 is not bad but it gives black no more than draw.

P.S. 26...Qf8 seems not so good - 27.Nxf4 Qxf4 (27...exf4? 28.Qc3+) 28.Qh4 with powerful attack
That is where our lines defer.

25...Qh8 26.Qe1 Qxh1!? 27.Qxh1 Bc6

Still unclear to me. That Knight will disappear eventually.

Spent hours on that while I was waiting for him move and I still think that it's Black best chance.

RK

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
15 Jun 07
1 edit

Spent hours on that while I was waiting for him move and I still think that it's Black best chance.

RK
I missed 26...Qxh1!!

After 26.... Qxh1!! 27.Qxh1 Bc6 black wins.

So 25...Qh8! is the winning move.

Well done!

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
15 Jun 07
1 edit

I missed 26...Qxh1!!

After 26.... Qxh1!! 27.Qxh1 Bc6 black wins.

So 25...Qh8! is the winning move.

Well done!
I've played several games from that position against myself and that g4 pawn is a pain. I will tell you that much.

Just like Fischer playing himself. Running around the board, round and round. Same thing, Pretty tiring stuff but the thumping sound of the pieces is very refreshing.

I have to admit , those Fischer clips of him playing himself are pretty funny.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
15 Jun 07

RK

White to move.

The best line for Black I believe.

That g4 pawn is a pain!

RK

v

Moves
15 Jun 07
1 edit

1. since recent games in Elista(Aronian's) I have also started to include Q sacrifices/trades for R+piece(or even 2 pieces) in the main options...especially if you get safe position(less pieces on board) you are usually able at least to hold the draw...Until now I was instinctive avoiding these lines. Anyway, preatty hard to remove bad habits 😉

2 How can you get directly to the last page in this thread ? It is realy annoying to go page by page to see the last post 🙂

DS

Moves
15 Jun 07
2 edits

Originally posted by vipiu
...the last page in this thread ? It is realy annoying to go page by page to see the last post 🙂
Clicking on the date takes you to the last page.

w

Happy village

Moves
15 Jun 07

How do I go to the end of this thread? For now only way I know is by posting something 😕

DS

Moves
15 Jun 07

Originally posted by wakchessdragon
How do I go to the end of this thread? For now only way I know is by posting something 😕
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Clicking on the date takes you to the last page.