1. Fichtekränzi
    Moves
    20 Sep '09 23:24
    Game Game 6411006 I just had lost.
    But then I rambled, that I would just make just some further moves until I resign.

And then he took my queen.

And a New York second later ( Terry Pratched called that the shortest messurable amount of time in universe, the time between the traffic lights in New York go green and the taxi driver behind you honks like mad ) I moved Nxa7#

Is that fair?
    Is that allowed?
  2. Joined
    29 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Sep '09 23:31
    I think that's fine, it can happen to anyone.
  3. e4
    Moves
    20 Sep '09 23:401 edit
    Brilliant!! Thank You.

I like your opponents profile:

"I enjoy assorted chocolates, counting to 11......"
  4. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Sep '09 23:41
    Originally posted by afx
    But then I rambled, that I would just make just some further moves until I resign.

And a New York second later ( Terry Pratched called that the shortest messurable amount of time in universe, the time between the traffic lights in New York go green and the taxi driver behind you honks like mad ) I moved Nxa7#

Is that fair?
    Is that allowed?
    Look at it this way. You're providing a valuable lesson for your opponent. 🙂
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 00:19
    Originally posted by afx

Is that fair?
    Is that allowed?
    In the words of Al Bundy, abso-freakin-lutely.

Especially if the player is 500 points lower rated. You could probably win even if you gave odds of a piece at the start of the game.
  6. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 02:47
    don't worry, next times, you will crush him 200 times.

Be positives, and say you were generous.

i hope he said thank you.
  7. London
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 06:061 edit
    You mean you sent a message saying you were thinking of resigning when you knew there was
    a surprise check mate? And the message was intended to lull your opponent into a false sense of security?

Surely you wouldn't use such low cunning deliberately.
  8. Alabama
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 21:061 edit
    You don't have a guilty conscience, you're just bragging!

Which is just fine; I like seeing clever and surprise checkmates. 🙂

Although it would have been more impressive if you weren't nearly 500 points above your opponent in ratings. How'd you fall so far behind him in material when you were so much stronger a player than he? That's a more curious matter.
  9. Joined
    11 Aug '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 21:46
    Originally posted by Mahout
    You mean you sent a message saying you were thinking of resigning when you knew there was
    a surprise check mate? And the message was intended to lull your opponent into a false sense of security?

Surely you wouldn't use such low cunning deliberately.
    If he did that's pretty funny.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree