1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 00:212 edits
    See what happens after move 13, I bit off more than I could chew, forgot his queen can come to the rescue. I sac'd two pieces for that attack too. Bummer.Game 3159367
  2. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 00:23
    Soo...which one are you?
  3. Joined
    03 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 00:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Game 315967
    See what happens after move 13, I bit off more than I could chew, forgot his queen can come to the rescue. I sac'd two pieces for that attack too. Bummer.
    Are you sure that's your game?
  4. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 00:29
    White wins so I guess black.
  5. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 00:31
    Is this another suicide by forum post?

I would have alerted the mods already, but I think it's an honest mistake.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 00:31
    OOPS, I missed a frigging number! I got flustered by a stupid IE message saying I had to allow temporary scripts. My only excuse🙂Game 3159367
  7. Standard memberDies Irae
    I Love U
    LaLa Land
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 00:34
    OOPS, I missed a frigging number! I got flustered by a stupid IE message saying I had to allow temporary scripts. My only excuse🙂Game 3159367
    you certainly sacrificed a bunch of pieces thats for sure
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 00:36
    Originally posted by Dies Irae
    you certainly sacrificed a bunch of pieces thats for sure
    Yeah, I though for sure my pawn would punch through, but I missed the queen coming down behind the pawn, I should have prepared the sac by getting my back bishop out so the rook could have taken the my rook snatcher, that may have made it a more potent attack. As it was, the attack was an illusion!
  9. Standard memberDies Irae
    I Love U
    LaLa Land
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 00:441 edit
    why not 14.... a2

I didn't take a close look but then he has to respond to the mate threat and you'll queen???

edit: Oh I get it. 15. Qa5

Now I understand it all
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 00:491 edit
    Originally posted by Dies Irae
    why not 14.... a2

I didn't take a close look but then he has to respond to the mate threat and you'll queen???

edit: Oh I get it. 15. Qa5

Now I understand it all
    No, his queen just comes to a5 and stops all that stuff. Thats why I didn't immediatly push. I saw the queen coming in. I was going through all kind of hoops to keep it out of there. Ah, you beat me to it.
  11. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 01:121 edit
    No, his queen just comes to a5 and stops all that stuff. Thats why I didn't immediatly push. I saw the queen coming in. I was going through all kind of hoops to keep it out of there. Ah, you beat me to it.
    Hrm, I'm having a tough time finding a winning line for black after bxa3, I'm not sure your sacrifice was justifiable.

Yeah, it's tough for you after that, I think the main problem with the sacrifice is that your queen is out of play, and white's d pawn prevents too many troubles - trying axb2+ with Rb8+ to follow doesn't seem to work because of this reason. You probably should have spent another move or two preparing this attack and attempted to swing your queen onto the a or b file first.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 14:20
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Hrm, I'm having a tough time finding a winning line for black after bxa3, I'm not sure your sacrifice was justifiable.

Yeah, it's tough for you after that, I think the main problem with the sacrifice is that your queen is out of play, and white's d pawn prevents too many troubles - trying axb2+ with Rb8+ to follow doesn't seem to work because of this re ...[text shortened]... or two preparing this attack and attempted to swing your queen onto the a or b file first.
    Yes, in retrospect....amazing how hindsight is 20--20! I think the main thing I missed was getting my back bishop out of the way so I could take that accursed bishop, it screwed up my whole attack.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree