Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 16 Mar '12 20:05 / 1 edit
    thanks, just had to say it, its awesome, have a pleasant day, - regards Robbie.
  2. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    16 Mar '12 20:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    thanks, just had to say it, its awesome, have a pleasant day, - regards Robbie.
    As white I like the C-K
    pffffffffttt!!!1!
  3. 16 Mar '12 20:33
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    As white I like the C-K
    pffffffffttt!!!1!
    I love it as white or black, dont care, its awesome. No messin with crazy Sicilians or
    cramped Frenchies, 1...c6 only move. Heck i love it so much i might even start to play
    play 1.c3 as white.
  4. 16 Mar '12 20:44
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    As white I like the C-K
    pffffffffttt!!!1!
    here this will cheer you up!
  5. Standard member kingshill
    Mr Ring Rusty
    16 Mar '12 20:51
    My son (who's a lot stronger than me) has spent his life dissing the CK but over the last year he's taken it up.

    It suits a certain type of player and it's great if you happen to be a slav player but it can transpose into so many different openings you have to look out for transpositions
  6. 16 Mar '12 20:51
  7. 16 Mar '12 20:57
    Originally posted by kingshill
    My son (who's a lot stronger than me) has spent his life dissing the CK but over the last year he's taken it up.

    It suits a certain type of player and it's great if you happen to be a slav player but it can transpose into so many different openings you have to look out for transpositions
    yeah i was think that the slav is like real similar because of the pawn formation, i am
    not a very strong blitz player but my rating has climbed almost three hundred points
    since i took it up, before i was getting wasted trying to play the Sicilian and the French.
  8. 16 Mar '12 20:57
    Originally posted by Pacifique
    [pgn][Event "IBM Man-Machine, New York USA"] [Site "06"] [Date "1997.??.??"] [EventDate "?"] [Round "?"] [Result "1-0"] [White "Deep Blue (Computer)"] [Black "Garry Kasparov"] [ECO "B17"] [WhiteElo "?"] [BlackElo "?"] [PlyCount "37"] 1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3.Nc3 dxe4 4.Nxe4 Nd7 5.Ng5 Ngf6 6.Bd3 e6 7.N1f3 h6 8.Nxe6 Qe7 9.O-O fxe6 10.Bg6+ Kd8 11.Bf4 b5 12.a4 Bb7 1 ...[text shortened]... Bg3 Kc8 15.axb5 cxb5 16.Qd3 Bc6 17.Bf5 exf5 18.Rxe7 Bxe7 19.c4 1-0[/pgn]
    tragic!
  9. 16 Mar '12 20:59 / 2 edits
    I used to play it a lot but binned it for two reasons. 1. I think the classical variation is lost in CC with best play. 2. a bit passive. Ironically I switched to the scando (which is just a poor mans Caro-Kann in a way.) Caro is quite a sharp opening with lots of transpo - I always found the Goldman line a bit tricky to play against suprised its not used more: 1.e4 c6 2.Nc3 d5 3.Qf3

    I'm now binning the scando as its just... well, I think I have to take it on the chin that one needs to learn the sicilian at some point - dragondorf here I come.
  10. 16 Mar '12 21:02 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by plopzilla
    I used to play it a lot but binned it for two reasons. 1. I think the classical variation is lost in CC with best play. 2. a bit passive. Ironically I switched to the scando (which is just a poor mans Caro-Kann in a way.) Caro is quite a sharp opening with lots of transpo - I always found the Goldman line a bit tricky to play against suprised its not used ake it on the chin that one needs to learn the sicilian at some point - dragondorf here I come.
    dude you know it makes sense, scando smando! I got beaten up by that variation
    tonight, rather quickly, i went chasing after the queen and got into a lot of trouble, my
    opponent wouldn't give me a rematch
  11. 16 Mar '12 22:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    thanks, just had to say it, its awesome, have a pleasant day, - regards Robbie.
    I love the Panov-Botvinik Attack... its just so open that its even better than the King's Gambit.
  12. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    17 Mar '12 00:51
    YouTube

    How to repel the Gunderam Attack as Black.
  13. 17 Mar '12 04:42
    1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3. exd5 cxd5 4.Bd3 1-0

  14. 17 Mar '12 06:37 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I love the Panov-Botvinik Attack... its just so open that its even better than the King's Gambit.
    Panov smanov, isolated bumper bonanza fund! although saying that i was following an
    Anand game where he got beaten up by some trickster with the Panov.
  15. 17 Mar '12 06:42
    Originally posted by luke myster
    1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3. exd5 cxd5 4.Bd3 1-0

    ah such an optimist, black is not without resources. there is a brilliant game,
    Dzindzichashvili v Karpov, real end to end stuff, where Karpov still manages to get
    his bishop onto the b1-h7 diagonal via g4 to challenge the white bishop on d3.