I miss my 1500-1700.rating

I miss my 1500-1700.rating

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

New Jersey

Moves
03 Sep 20

For past year or so have been using and following kingschrusher on YouTube and replaying LCZero games. My rating has jumped. I rather enjoyed playing tournaments in the middle of the pack than near the top of the ratings list. Less pressure to win.

Feel a pressure to keep it up. Spending more time on each move. Playing fewer games. Limiting my opening options.

Wish there was a way to reset, other than using Hikaru's garbage opening lists. Or take on 300 games.

Moves
04 Sep 20

Your average opponent rating is 1600 so that is what you are.

Next!

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
04 Sep 20

@dcpk said
For past year or so have been using and following kingschrusher on YouTube and replaying LCZero games. My rating has jumped. I rather enjoyed playing tournaments in the middle of the pack than near the top of the ratings list. Less pressure to win.

Feel a pressure to keep it up. Spending more time on each move. Playing fewer games. Limiting my opening options.

Wish there was a way to reset, other than using Hikaru's garbage opening lists. Or take on 300 games.

If I may suggest - this is not bad. This "pressure" is self inflicted. Spending more time on each move is a smart idea, you'll focus longer and find higher quality moves. Fewer games means quality over quantity. Limiting your opening options usually leads to a deeper understanding of the openings you use.

Congrats - You've moved up in class! The only downside to this is you have to work a bit harder to stay there. 😏

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
05 Sep 20

Imagine climbing a ladder where the space between rungs increases with each step

e4

Moves
05 Sep 20
1 edit

That is the secret of success here, a low amount of games
six games tops v players who have a lot of games on the go.

Actually not so much of a secret, I revealed years ago how I was going to
start at the bottom page of the one day ladder and get on the first page by
selecting players above me who had a lot of games going and with me just
playing the one game. I did it. It took a couple of years but I did it.

See Blog Post 366 for the full story. This was a ladder one day game.

greenpawn34 - Colgorm, One Day Ladder RHP 2017