Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. Standard member hunterknox
    Hopeless romantic
    16 May '09 12:30
    ...and it turned out fine! I'm off to buy a lottery ticket.

2. 16 May '09 12:56
    The power of the double check!!

Nice one
  3. 16 May '09 13:19
    Saccinng the Queen with a check to get a 3 piece mate. - sweet.

I want half of your lottery winnings, you got that idea from
    looking at my games.
  4. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    16 May '09 14:32
    Originally posted by hunterknox
    ...and it turned out fine! I'm off to buy a lottery ticket.

[pgn][Event "RHP Blitz rated"] [Site "www.redhotpawn.com"] [Date "2009.5.16"] [Round "?"] [White "ckitselis"] [Black "hunterknox"] [Result "0-1"] 1. e2-e4 Ng8-f6 2. d2-d3 e7-e5 3. c2-c4 c7-c6 4. Nb1-c3 Bf8-c5 5. Bf1-e2 Qd8-b6 6. Ng1-h3 d7-d5 7. e4xd5 Bc8xh3 8. O-O Bh3-d7 9. d5xc6 Nb8xc6 10. B ...[text shortened]... g8 17. Be2-g4 f6-f5 18. Nd5xb6 Bc5xb6 19. f2-f3 f5xg4 20. f3xg4 Nd4-e2 0-1[/pgn]
    wasn't the awesome vipiu sac quite similar? only he threw the rook in first as I remember.
  5. Standard member hunterknox
    Hopeless romantic
    16 May '09 14:46 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34

...you got that idea from looking at my games. [/b]
    OK, I admit it, I've based my whole chess career on yours. Now where's my rating points?

By the way, I picked up "Streetfighting Chess" this week on the strength of your review, greenpawn, and it's an excellent piece of work. Cheers for that too!
  6. 16 May '09 15:53
    Originally posted by hunterknox
    OK, I admit it, I've based my whole chess career on yours. Now where's my rating points?

By the way, I picked up "Streetfighting Chess" this week on the strength of your review, greenpawn, and it's an excellent piece of work. Cheers for that too!
    You do already have a copy of Rampant Chess......Yes
  7. Standard member hunterknox
    Hopeless romantic
    16 May '09 16:08
    I was looking for it (at the London Chess Centre) but they must have sold out! It's getting bought when I get paid, or tonight when I win the lottery. I'm in Scotland at the end of the week. I presume it's stocked in every bookshop, newsagents and greengrocer's up there?
  8. 16 May '09 16:09 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    You do already have a copy of [b]Rampant Chess......Yes [/b]
    Rampant what? never heard of it ; )

By the way Greenpawn, did you know that Elisabeth Paehtz has a signed copy of Streetfighting Chess? It's true : ) [Unfortunately she also has a boyfriend who is a Grandmaster : ( Oh well, she probably snores anyway]

Hope you enjoy the book hunterknox! Any feedback is always much appreciated. And DO get Rampant Chess - it's excellent. I read it all in one sitting!