1. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '08 01:11
    i really need to start computer analyzing my games. i have the grandmaster challenge 2 which has fritz 7 on it i think.. does anyone know how to put a whole game from here on to there to get analyzed? thanks. im looking for it to not only show me top moves but graphs like in the de la maza book
  2. washington
    Moves
    24 Dec '08 03:50
    I don't think that using computers to analyze games is a good idea. I think you learn better from going over your own game and trying to find out what went wrong. Using a computer may show you the move that was "better", but it wont show you "why" which is more important.

I think using databases online are better and cheaper. Use your money for good books and leave the computers alone.
  3. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '08 04:16
    Originally posted by kmac27
    I don't think that using computers to analyze games is a good idea. I think you learn better from going over your own game and trying to find out what went wrong. Using a computer may show you the move that was "better", but it wont show you "why" which is more important.

I think using databases online are better and cheaper. Use your money for good books and leave the computers alone.
    hey that easy! i already have over 40 books and not a fan of the computers. 😀
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '07
    Moves
    24 Dec '08 04:41
    yeah I know its possible to analyze your games with fritze but iI cant use it but what helped me the most is analyzing your games with actual and stronger players as they say "a chess game is only is worth how much you analyzed it" or something like that.
  5. Joined
    21 Aug '07
    Moves
    24 Dec '08 05:04
    Originally posted by irontigran
    i really need to start computer analyzing my games. i have the grandmaster challenge 2 which has fritz 7 on it i think.. does anyone know how to put a whole game from here on to there to get analyzed? thanks. im looking for it to not only show me top moves but graphs like in the de la maza book
    After you get the PGN from here, it's literally cut and paste it into the fritz interface, i.e. panel beside the board. It's that easy.

After that you can do all sorts of things, enter in new variations, replay, analysis, database reference etc...

Don't know about the graphs you're referring to.
  6. washington
    Moves
    24 Dec '08 06:15
    I get much more out of analyzing my own games than something telling me what was better. Yet again understanding why not the what so much.
  7. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '08 07:04
    I get much more out of analyzing my own games than something telling me what was better. Yet again understanding why not the what so much.
    yeah, i kindve know thats my next step.. analyzing my own games.. but i not sure how to do it the most efficient way. it always seems like im going to miss the same things..
    would you go over a few with me kmac?
  8. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '08 07:10
    oh yeah, and im going to do some clan pages analysis for a whole tournament thats underway so ill share the notes with you and maybe youll spot something

i was just reading that theres huge differences between analysis and play, i know this of course but i dont know how to master both
  9. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    24 Dec '08 08:422 edits

Even GMs use computer to analyse their games, to see all tactical possibilities they have missed during the game. And for your level tactic is not less important..... But usage of computer should not stop you from using your own head.
  10. washington
    Moves
    24 Dec '08 20:41
    yes, but masters know enough about the game to understand why in my opinion. an amateur like myself might not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree