1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 18:24
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Is that why you came here? 😀

Speaking of "Attention whore(s)", a visit to the open invites will show one.
    Hint: It's the guy who named all his games "Free Rating Points!!!..."

That's insulting to anyone who accepts those games. It implies they want to cheat, or that you're throwing your games (sandbagging?). As a former tournament director for my club, you would have been banned from playing, by me and the USCF.
    Why do you have the flag for Japan by Country on your Profile?
    That seems very deceptive.

The Instructor
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 18:29
    Is that why you came here? 😀

Speaking of "Attention whore(s)", a visit to the open invites will show one.
    Hint: It's the guy who named all his games "Free Rating Points!!!..."

That's insulting to anyone who accepts those games. It implies they want to cheat, or that you're throwing your games (sandbagging?). As a former tournament director for my club, you would have been banned from playing, by me and the USCF.
    Wow...no sense of humor and a pathetic need for power to boot. I want my money back.
  3. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 23:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Why do you have the flag for Japan by Country on your Profile?
    That seems very deceptive.

The Instructor
    I was BORN in Japan. Dual citizenship. Mother was Japanese.

No deception. Sorry to disappoint you 😉
  4. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 23:343 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Wow...no sense of humor and a pathetic need for power to boot. I want my money back.
    So that was YOUR attempt at humor.

Ooh ooh! More humor please!

"Pathetic need for power..."? What? Banning cheaters from tournaments?
    Guilty as charged.

I did ban someone once from our club tournaments. Everyone knew he was sandbagging. He threw (lost) several games in a row. He even quipped things like "Damn, didn't see that!" before resigning. He was a young kid, around 16, who was a very strong, quickly rising player who was at least expert strength. He wanted to play in a 'B' section and cheat honest players out of the prize money in a big weekender. I have no tolerance for cheaters, especially if I am entrusted with running a tournament. Many of the members drove many miles to come to the club, to enjoy a good game of chess. But when someone sandbags, or cheats any other way, they wasted their time, their gas, and their right to a fair and honest game. I don't apologize for banning this individual. I will gladly take every insult you can throw at me for having the balls to do the right thing.

I had the complete support and appreciation of our club members. That means much more to me than your approval 🙂

BTW, I see you were once rated 2121 and currently rated 1619. You also have many tournament victories. 😉
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 01:24
    So that was YOUR attempt at humor.

Ooh ooh! More humor please!

"Pathetic need for power..."? What? Banning cheaters from tournaments?
    Guilty as charged.

I did ban someone once from our club tournaments. Everyone knew he was sandbagging. He threw (lost) several games in a row. He even quipped things like "Damn, didn't see that!" before resigni ...[text shortened]... re once rated 2121 and currently rated 1619. You also have many tournament victories. 😉
    I can almost hear the patriotic music play in the background. 😴
  6. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 02:44
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I can almost hear the patriotic music play in the background. 😴
    Ooh ooh! More pathetic humor please! C'mon, you know you want to. 😵
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 03:091 edit
    Ooh ooh! More pathetic humor please! C'mon, you know you want to. 😵
    I don't think I can do better than your attempt to pose as a fake tourney director when you don't even know what 'sandbagging' means. (hint: it's not when people win open tourneys with no prize money). 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree