Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member woodypusher
    misanthrope
    11 Jul '13 23:08 / 1 edit
    Borislav Ivanov agreed to take part in a test conducted by the Bulgarian Chess Federation to prove his newly-acquired skill.

    Guess what? He was a NO-SHOW.

    Hate to say it (okay I don't, I love to say it). I TOLD YOU SO!

    http://chessbase.com/Home/TabId/211/PostId/4010429/ivanov-misses-bcf-anti-cheating-test-110713.aspx
  2. Standard member vivify
    rain
    11 Jul '13 23:47
    Yeah, you told us what most of the chess world already believes. You deserve a hand clap.

    What this article failed to mention, was what specific methods they were going to use in order to for Borislav to "clear his name". That would've been interesting.

    I said this before, but Borislav should've started out slowly. He quite possibly would've never been caught, if he didn't get so greedy for wins.
  3. Standard member woodypusher
    misanthrope
    12 Jul '13 00:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    Yeah, you told us what most of the chess world already believes. You deserve a hand clap.

    What this article failed to mention, was what specific methods they were going to use in order to for Borislav to "clear his name". That would've been interesting.

    I said this before, but Borislav should've started out slowly. He quite possibly would've never been caught, if he didn't get so greedy for wins.
    Just so you and anyone else who doesn't understand who this thread was directed to - it was the Ivanov supporters here at RHP who adamantly defended him. I don't give a bleep about any hand claps from you or anyone else.
  4. Standard member woodypusher
    misanthrope
    12 Jul '13 00:30 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    Yeah, you told us what most of the chess world already believes. You deserve a hand clap.

    What this article failed to mention, was what specific methods they were going to use in order to for Borislav to "clear his name". That would've been interesting.

    I said this before, but Borislav should've started out slowly. He quite possibly would've never been caught, if he didn't get so greedy for wins.
    If they revealed what specific methods they were going to use, then Ivanov could've prepared for them. Just like the way he prepared for any clothing etc. checks at the tournaments he cheated in.

    I don't expect or want a hand clap for that either because this is directed at you and 'most of the chess world' can figure it out on their own.
  5. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    12 Jul '13 03:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    If they revealed what specific methods they were going to use, then Ivanov could've prepared for them. Just like the way he prepared for any clothing etc. checks at the tournaments he cheated in.

    I don't expect or want a hand clap for that either because this is directed at you and 'most of the chess world' can figure it out on their own.
    Ooh ooh! Do a third response about how you don't expect anything nor care.
  6. Standard member woodypusher
    misanthrope
    12 Jul '13 04:20 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Ooh ooh! Do a third response about how you don't expect anything nor care.
    Okay, since you need a 'third response' to fully understand that I didn't post that for hand claps, here it is:

    I don't care about hand claps (or Ooh ooh!, "Free Rating Points!!!" I like to earn them...unlike Ivanov and your hero, R J Hinds


    Understand now?

    This post was about Borislov Ivanov's cheating. Thank you though for making it about me. I'm flattered.

    Interesting that vivify's main concern (after applauding me) was how Ivanov should've cheated to get away with it.
  7. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    12 Jul '13 04:57
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Okay, since you need a 'third response' to fully understand that I didn't post that for hand claps, here it is:

    I don't care about hand claps (or Ooh ooh!, "Free Rating Points!!!" I like to earn them...unlike Ivanov and your hero, R J Hinds


    Understand now?

    This post was about Borislov Ivanov's cheating. Thank you though for making it abou ...[text shortened]... concern (after applauding me) was how Ivanov should've cheated to get away with it.
    I never claimed that Ivanov was not cheating. In fact, I said that it looked like he was, however, looks do not prove he was.

    Greenpawn34 was not claiming Ivanov was not cheating either, but only that it had not been proved beyond a reasonable doubt. My argument against that was this should fall within the civil cases in which only the preponderance of the evidence should be enough to determine guilt, since we do not intend to have him jailed or imprisoned.

    It appears that the evidence has reached that level at present and that is probably why he lost his lawsuit against the Bulgarian Chess organization, I believe it was.

    The Instructor
  8. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    12 Jul '13 05:48
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Okay, since you need a 'third response' to fully understand that I didn't post that for hand claps, here it is:

    I don't care about hand claps (or Ooh ooh!, "Free Rating Points!!!" I like to earn them...unlike Ivanov and your hero, R J Hinds


    Understand now?

    This post was about Borislov Ivanov's cheating. Thank you though for making it abou ...[text shortened]... concern (after applauding me) was how Ivanov should've cheated to get away with it.
    Let's go for 4. C'mon, you know you want to.
  9. 12 Jul '13 13:25
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    ...Let's go for 4. C'mon, you know you want to. ...
    Will you 2 get a room?
  10. Standard member vivify
    rain
    12 Jul '13 13:49 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    If they revealed what specific methods they were going to use, then Ivanov could've prepared for them. Just like the way he prepared for any clothing etc. checks at the tournaments he cheated in.

    I don't expect or want a hand clap for that either because this is directed at you and 'most of the chess world' can figure it out on their own.
    Well of course. It would be stupid to reveal the methods before the test; but it's now AFTER the fact, since article said that the BCF considers the case "closed". This being the case, they have nothing to lose by revealing what methods they were going to use. It's unlikely they will ever use this test again, since this case is "one-of-a-kind", and it's "expensive" to put together in the first place.
  11. Donation ketchuplover
    G.O.A.T.
    12 Jul '13 14:26
    Ivanov should challenge the winner of Anand v. Carlsen.
  12. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    12 Jul '13 16:00
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Will you 2 get a room?
    Sorry, but this thread was clearly, by the title, reserved as the attention whore room.

    The normal rooms are that way ------->
  13. Standard member woodypusher
    misanthrope
    12 Jul '13 17:46
    Originally posted by vivify
    Well of course. It would be stupid to reveal the methods before the test; but it's now AFTER the fact, since article said that the BCF considers the case "closed". This being the case, they have nothing to lose by revealing what methods they were going to use. It's unlikely they will ever use this test again, since this case is "one-of-a-kind", and it's "expensive" to put together in the first place.
    Yes of course it is now after the test. But Ivanov could claim something came up that prevented him from going. In that case, if they exposed the methods, he can then still prepare.
  14. Standard member woodypusher
    misanthrope
    12 Jul '13 17:57
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Sorry, but this thread was clearly, by the title, reserved as the attention whore room.

    The normal rooms are that way ------->
    Is that why you came here?

    Speaking of "Attention whore(s)", a visit to the open invites will show one.
    Hint: It's the guy who named all his games "Free Rating Points!!!..."

    That's insulting to anyone who accepts those games. It implies they want to cheat, or that you're throwing your games (sandbagging?). As a former tournament director for my club, you would have been banned from playing, by me and the USCF.
  15. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    12 Jul '13 18:20
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Is that why you came here?

    Speaking of "Attention whore(s)", a visit to the open invites will show one.
    Hint: It's the guy who named all his games "Free Rating Points!!!..."

    That's insulting to anyone who accepts those games. It implies they want to cheat, or that you're throwing your games (sandbagging?). As a former tournament director for my club, you would have been banned from playing, by me and the USCF.
    "As a former tournament director for my club"

    What, you ain't good enough anymore?

    The Instructor