1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 20:29
    Originally posted by @laskerian
    The dark squares around black's king is quite weak, so I think Ng5 instead of Bg5 would have been more crushing, since it forces black to exchange his dark squared bishop for your knight and after the rather forced move f5 by black, your bishop goes to f6 where it would be well-placed, completely unopposed (black dark squared bishop was the only piece to challenge yours) and also well-protected by the pawn on e5.
    If he takes my bishop, the knight retake would have been the end of him.
  2. Joined
    03 Jul '17
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 20:38
    Originally posted by @eladar
    If he takes my bishop, the knight retake would have been the end of him.
    That's right, but he doesn't have to, he can play f6 instead and after two exchanges on f6, black's second rank would be unblocked so he could defend his h7 sqaure by his queen. But I agree that It would still be a quite bad position for black.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 20:49
    That's right, but he doesn't have to, he can play f6 instead and after two exchanges on f6, black's second rank would be unblocked so he could defend his h7 sqaure by his queen. But I agree that It would still be a quite bad position for black.
    In the scenario that you've described, what would be your plan to take advantage of the situation? Start advancing your h pawn?
  4. Joined
    03 Jul '17
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 20:54
    Originally posted by @eladar
    In the scenario that you've described, what would be your plan to take advantage of the situation? Start advancing your h pawn?
    It seems to be a perfect move!
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 20:58
    It seems to be a perfect move!
    I felt it was good, I was just wondering if you saw something better. Thanks

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree