Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 20 Apr '08 22:15
    All of a sudden I wasn't. I had achieved 14 points in the first round....but then the tournament just disappeared on me. Can anyone tell me why?
  2. Standard member Redmike
    Godless Commie
    20 Apr '08 22:20
    Can you give the tournament details?
  3. 20 Apr '08 22:39
    Originally posted by CreepingDeath
    All of a sudden I wasn't. I had achieved 14 points in the first round....but then the tournament just disappeared on me. Can anyone tell me why?
    Tournament 3591

    You were eliminated.
  4. Standard member O Artem O
    ParTizan
    20 Apr '08 22:46 / 2 edits
    you sure it was this one he did not even get 14 point only 9
  5. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    21 Apr '08 00:12
    Originally posted by O Artem O
    you sure it was this one he did not even get 14 point only 9
    It can only be that one as looking through the finished games the only tournie games completed refer to that tournie.
  6. Standard member O Artem O
    ParTizan
    21 Apr '08 00:18
    ow
  7. 21 Apr '08 01:06
    Originally posted by O Artem O
    ow
    muchos grande ow
  8. 21 Apr '08 07:02
    Originally posted by Drew
    Tournament 3591

    You were eliminated.
    I know the feeling well
  9. 23 Apr '08 16:13
    I really thought that I had 14. How many points would I have had to have?
  10. 23 Apr '08 17:48
    Originally posted by CreepingDeath
    I really thought that I had 14. How many points would I have had to have?
    The winner of your section had a perfect score of 18. You would have had to tie that to advance to the next round, but that is impossible (in any section 2 players can't both have all wins because they play against each other).
  11. Standard member Redmike
    Godless Commie
    23 Apr '08 20:44
    Originally posted by CreepingDeath
    I really thought that I had 14. How many points would I have had to have?
    As a general rule, you need to get at least as many points as the other people in your section.