1. Joined
    01 Feb '06
    Moves
    15 May '07 08:10
    Might be of interest if you play at either site:

The Internet Chess Club (“ICC&rdquo😉, the world’s premier online subscription chess service, has today announced the acquisition of two competitive online chess services, World Chess Network, from Master Games International, and Chess Live, from GamesParlor. The two services will be merged together to form a new service, separate from ICC, to be called World Chess Live.

I am guessing this means i will no longer be able to play as a guest at WCN which i used to do regularly. Oh well.
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 May '07 08:27
    Originally posted by PawnChop
    Might be of interest if you play at either site:

The Internet Chess Club (“ICC&rdquo😉, the world’s premier online subscription chess service, has today announced the acquisition of two competitive online chess services, World Chess Network, from Master Games International, and Chess Live, from GamesParlor. The two services will be merged together to form a ne ...[text shortened]... means i will no longer be able to play as a guest at WCN which i used to do regularly. Oh well.
    Hmm... They will still keep them as a separate service. I'm a bit surprised by that.
  3. Joined
    03 Mar '07
    Moves
    15 May '07 08:40

I am guessing this means i will no longer be able to play as a guest at WCN which i used to do regularly. Oh well.
    Why? You can play as a guest on ICC... why would they take that ability away for this new site they aquired?
  4. Joined
    01 Feb '06
    Moves
    15 May '07 09:55
    ah, i thought they'd removed guest access from ICC.
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    15 May '07 13:49
    ah, i thought they'd removed guest access from ICC.
    that was the story when GamesParlour bought ICC; now we hear that ICC has bought GamesParlour. Check your sources folks; something's askew in the news.
  6. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    16 May '07 02:50
    For most people it'll just mean less competition and choice. Now the only people running the show are icc and chessbase. I am also a member of World Chess Network. I like their international mix of players, but i also use playchess and icc. id like to play blitz at rhp but the darn board is too small!
  7. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    16 May '07 03:43
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    Hmm... They will still keep them as a separate service. I'm a bit surprised by that.
    Why, if they get rid of them or merge them, they'll lose business!
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 May '07 05:03
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    Why, if they get rid of them or merge them, they'll lose business!
    Not necessarily, if they merge, many of their customers may transfer to ICC and thus make ICC more attractive.
  9. Joined
    01 Feb '06
    Moves
    16 May '07 07:53
    one of the nice things about WCN was the simplicity of the interface. ICC Dasher is an improvement but i still find it messy with all those windows and formulas. WCN have confirmed they will be moving to the ICC software.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree